Forget tallying chicken vs. beef or fretting over the cost of a sit-down dinner. Food stations are a creative way to showcase the character of the new Mr. and Mrs. while wowing guests and pleasing an array of picky palates. Let guests feast their eyes and bellies on late-night nibbles, like French fries and sliders, or exquisite starters such as oysters and ceviche. If you hail from the South, why not amuse guests with shrimp and grits or barbecue sliders paired with a smoky bourbon. We’ve got 23 stylish, sophisticated and downright fabulous food stations to share with you and your guests’ taste buds.
1. Pancakes and Waffles: Have you ever thought about having your soiree in the morning? Or maybe you and the groom just absolutely love brunch? Picture this: A waffle bar complete with bowls of fresh fruit, dollops of whipped cream and a drizzling of local maple syrup. Add in mini quiches, piles of bacon and steamy hash browns. Do it! (via Weddings in Winnipeg)
2. Buttermilk Biscuits: Keeping on with the brunch wedding, now we look to the South for a little down-home inspiration. Marvel guests with an assortment of buttermilk biscuits filled with smoked turkey or honey ham and then pair them with your favorite sauces and jams. (via Andre Winfrye Events)
4. Mimosas: Your wedding reception will surely pop with bright hues from fresh fruits and a little bubbly. This colorful mimosa station sets the stage for the perfect wedding toast. (via The Party Dress)
9. Wine and Cheese Pairing: Who doesn’t love wine with cheese? Take this classic pairing a step further and set up a station that matches the bride and groom’s favorite fromage and vino combinations. (via Alchemy)
10. Short Rib Sliders and Bourbon: Speaking of perfect pairs, what’s not to love about a smoky barbecue slider and a swig of bourbon to wash it all down? Serve your fave barbecue in a mini slider alongside a shot of a smoky bourbon. (via The Bridal Circle)
12. Chicken and Waffles: Honey-drizzled buttermilk waffles, crispy fried chicken and sweet maple syrup make for an excellent late-night food station that will surely gratify your guests. (via Nonsense and Sensibility)
13. Sliders and Fries: Do you want fries with that? If your guests are going to be dancing well into the night, be sure to replenish them with this American staple: Mini sliders and fries. (via A Style Collective)
14. French Fry Bar: Speaking of fries, keep your wedding night fryin’ high with your favorite deep-fried combo. We’re not talking plain old French fries and ketchup. Bring on the crinkle cut, shoestring, wedge, sweet potato or regular potato fries, and don’t stop there. Complete your French fry station with toppings and dips like truffle oil, aioli, sea salt, blue cheese, gravy, chili and don’t forget to pass the ketchup! (via Southern Bells Wedding)
19. Seafood Ceviche: Residing seaside? Offer a local, seafood ceviche complete with the bride and groom’s favorite catch. If you happen to have a destination wedding in the tropics, showcase the location with fresh mango, avocado and crunchy corn chips. (via Pure Joy Catering)
21. Oysters on the Half Shell: Delight guests with the decadence of raw oysters. The subtle meatiness and briny juice make it hard to have just a few! Complete your raw bar with a unique mignonette, granita or serve alongside individual bottles of Tabasco. (via Southern Weddings)
22. Whiskey Tasting: Some grooms have a cake but really distinguished grooms have a whiskey bar. Outfit yours with a bartender that knows their stuff and can offer little tastes to parched guests. (via Harwell Photography)
Fill us in on your wedding day food choices in the comments below!