Everything You Should Be Streaming This Weekend
The world moves fast. Just as soon as you finish one show, there’s about five more you gotta watch. It may feel impossible to keep up, but don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. We went through the hard part and picked out everything new that’s ready to watch and is worth your time. Here, we’ve got the 10 new shows, new movies and some classic feel-good movies you should queue up this weekend.
YOUR WEEKEND BINGE
<em>A Series of Unfortunate Events</em>Netflix: It’s fiiiiiinally here! Neil Patrick Harris plays Count Olaf in the much-needed remake of every cynic’s favorite childhood series. Relive the epic story of the Baudelaire orphans in this witty and worthy adaptation. (Photo via Netflix)
<em>The Investigator: A British Crime Story</em>Netflix: For those who miss shows like Making a Murderer, you’ll eat up this British true crime show about a husband who was convicted of his wife’s murder, even though her body was never found. (Photo via Netflix)
<em>Miss Sharon Jones!</em>Netflix: This uplifting documentary follows the late Sharon Jones on tour with her band as she is also battling pancreatic cancer. It’s a beautiful tribute to the woman who died shortly after the documentary was released. (Photo via Jacob Blickenstaff)
4. Best and Most Beautiful Things on Netflix: This documentary follows Michelle Smith, who is both legally blind and has Asperger’s, as she approaches her 20th birthday. (Photo via PBS)
TV’s BIGGEST STARS
5. Sneaky Pete on Amazon: Bryan Cranston is TV royalty. And now he’s back with a new show on Amazon about a con man on the run from a gangster. If you thought he was vicious in Breaking Bad, just wait until you get a look at this one. (Photo via Amazon)
6. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Amazon: Season 12 of our favorite friend comedy is rolling out on Amazon. This season features the gang going to a waterpark, dealing with a Wolf Cola PR disaster and — for once — spending the whole day working at the bar. (Photo via FX)
TIME FOR TOM HANKS
7. Bridge of Spies on Showtime: Tom Hanks stars as a Brooklyn lawyer who finds himself embroiled at the center of a Cold War scandal. (Photo via Dreamworks)
8. Cloud Atlas on HBO: And in this one, Tom Hanks stars as multiple different characters. The ultimate sci-fi movie will completely change how you think about time (and how many character Hanks can morph into within two hours). (Photo via Cloud Atlas Productions)
9. Forgetting Sarah Marshall on HBO: This movie is arguably one of Jason Segel’s best, and if not, at least the most iconic. Watch it for a star-studded cast (Mila Kunis, Russell Brand and Kristen Bell) and the scene where Paul Rudd sings “Oh the weather outside is weather.” (Photo via Universal)
10. Fool’s Gold on HBO: Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson reunited for this rom-com about a couple whose relationship is threatened by a treasure hunt. (Photo via Warner Bros)
What else are you up to this weekend? Let us know @BritandCo!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.