12 Chic Chevron Wearables
Chevron is officially omnipresent. It's been one of the hottest patterntastic trends over the last year, and it's not going anywhere. So, this February, we're pumped to kick off a month featuring All Things Chevron, from graphic tees to cuff links, from teacups to tie clips, and everything in between. To start things off, our Resident Stylist, Misty, and Creative Director, Anj, delved into the world of chic chevron wearables.
1. Geometric Chevron Dress ($40.00): For ladies who love an everyday black tee but want to take their style to the next level, this dress is a simple jersey knit hand-treated with a dye removal process to create a bronze chevron design.
2. The Cardon Cactus Tee ($22.00): Created by Fine Southern Gentlemen, this graphic tee combines an upside down chevron design with a western-feeling cactus print. We love the combo, and might have to experiment with a little iron-on DIY at Brit HQ.
3. White Chevron Dijon Tee ($30.00): Our last stop on the t-shirt train, this is a super simple take on chevron. We love the bold dijon color, and could see any dapper dude sporting it on a spring day.
5. Needlepoint Embroidered Belt ($110.00): Part of the Tucker Blair for Opening Ceremony Collection, this belt is reminiscent of classic nautical belts, but with a contemporary design twist.
6. Lurex Chevron Tights ($9.99): Looking to add a glitter to those stems? Chevron to the rescue.
7. Chevron Scarf ($40.00): Great for girls or guys, this cozy scarf will keep you warm as we ease into spring. Best of all, the neutral tones means you can wear this number with just about anything.
8. Chevron Comfort Bralette ($48.00): Oh Anthropologie, how we love thee. This adorable bralette is a great piece to wear under your favorite tissue tee or tank, or even with a pair of overalls on a hot summer day.
9. Langley Tote ($298.00): One of our favorite New York designers, Hayden Harnett bags are kind of unbeatable. And though this isn't technically a "wearable", this gorgeous canvas bag is sure to keep you armed with whatever you need for a playful springtime adventure.
10. Louboutin Chevron Oxfords: Ok, we cheated on this one. Currently, there is nowhere online these are available but they are so cute that we had to share! Stay tuned for some DIY chevron action in the shoe department.
12. Knit Chevron Wallet ($188.00): Another one stretching our definition of wearable, this knit wallet combines neon (yes!) with beautiful leather fringe, making it another great combo of old and new, and could definitely work as a staple flare piece.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)