20 Chorizo Recipes to Spice Up Your Kitchen
Fall is the perfect season for hot chocolate, pumpkin and… sausage. Hearty and full of flavor, it’s comfort food at its finest. And if someone forced us to pick our favorite sausage, we’d have to say chorizo. This spicy sausage comes in plenty of forms — Mexican, Spanish and Portuguese — and can be used as a side dish or stand alone as the star of the show. Here are 20 chorizo recipes to heat things up in the kitchen on those chilly fall nights.
2. Chorizo Sausage Rolls: Take the pig out of the old blanket and wrap it in a new one. Make tons of these light and puffy chorizo rolls for a party appetizer. Then watch them disappear. (via Vikalinka)
3. Potato, Poblano and Chorizo Tacos: You’ll be the rockstar of your next get-together when you bring these bad boys out. Nestled in small tortillas are poblano chiles, diced potato, chorizo and other bursts of spicy flavor. (via Handle the Heat)
5. Cheesy Chorizo Caramelized Onion Dip: Football season is here. That means we’ll be eating dips aplenty. Chorizo, caramelized onions and mozzarella give a bold twist to an otherwise classic. (via Foodie Crush)
6. Spanish Pizza With Chorizo and Peppers: Who doesn’t love a yummy slice of pizza? This Spanish pizza switches up the game with thinly sliced chorizo and every sort of pepper in your vocabulary. (via Leite’s Culinaria)
8. Chorizo and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms: Five ingredients and ready in under 20 minutes?! When faced with simple yet tasty stuffed mushrooms, once you pop, you really can’t stop. (via A Spicy Perspective)
10. Creamy Queso With Chorizo: Here’s another dip to kick off sports season. This queso dish is not doctor recommended on a daily basis, but for the occasional beer-laden Sunday afternoon is totally appropriate. (via Gimme Some Oven)
11. Fresh Corn Ravioli With Chorizo Sauce: We love stuffed food, and these wonton wrapper raviolis are packed with corn, melted ricotta and thyme and then bathed in a rich chorizo sauce. (via Yes to Yolks)
13. Mini Chorizo and Cheese Quiches: These may be tiny in size, but they pack a punch. Created with Portuguese chorizo and manchego cheese, these mini quiches are almost too cute to eat… almost. (via Magnolia Days)
15. Roasted Chorizo With Smoked Piquillo Pepper Aioli: Want your next dinner to have that restaurant feel without breaking the bank? This roasted chorizo with smoked piquillo pepper aioli will have you feeling three-Michelin-star fancy at home. (via Hamptons Lane)
16. Beef Burgers With Chorizo and Mango Chutney: Concocted out of ground beef and chorizo, topped with zucchini and held by a brioche bun, this burger makes other ones look weak. (via burczymiwbrzuchu)
17. Pasta With Chorizo and Sundried Tomatoes: For your next pasta night at home, try this recipe filled with chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes. Peas and onion add an extra dose of color and flavor to this tasty dish. (via Buszujaca in the Kitchen)
18. Mexican Lasagna With Hatched Chilies: The holidays are approaching, which means family parties and tons of food. Wow your guests with this hearty Mexican lasagna, chockfull of chorizo, cheese and chilies. (via Boulder Locavore)
19. Sweet Potato and Chorizo Breakfast Hash: We couldn’t post a chorizo list without including a breakfast item! Get your morning started with this hash of sweet potato, chorizo, carrots and eggs. (via Food Well Said)
What are your favorite chorizo recipes? Let us know in the comments below!