If you can’t stop talking about the ’90s, reminiscing about ’90s style essentials, adding ’90s songs to your playlists and hashtagging your photos #the90saremyspiritanimal, it might be time to throw a ’90s themed Halloween party. With everything from little green men to neon splatter and Ghostbuster quotes, your Halloween party is the perfect occasion to display all your favorite throwbacks. Once you’ve picked out the perfect ’90s costume, it’s time to blow up some inflatable furniture, DIY a few party favors and stock up on #throwback candy. As if your Halloween party could be anything but the phattest shindig on the block. Word.
1. DIY Magic 8 Ball Balloons: Our sources say, these are the balloons your party needs. Instead of ghosts or eyeballs, turn a giant black sphere balloon into a Magic 8 ball and all your life’s questions will definitely be answered. (via Aww, Sam)
2. DIY Lemon “Slime” Halloween Punch: Every party needs a signature drink, and you can’t go wrong with a bowl of Ghostbuster-inspired green slime punch. All this gooey drink consists of is sherbet, fruit punch and lemon-lime soda, but you can always add a splash of something harder for a more grown-up party. (via Make Bake Celebrate)
3. DIY Lisa Frank-Inspired Edible Spray Paint Donuts: Lisa Frank is making a major comeback and it’s just about the best thing ever. If you’ve never used food coloring spray mist, you’re in for a treat. It’s the perfect way to take your party treats to the next level, and you can instantly turn store-bought donuts into a masterpiece. (via Aww, Sam)
4. Generic Inflatable Boombox Cooler: ($26) Okay, so technically this is from the ’80s, but it’s cool enough (pun intended) that your guests won’t mind. If you don’t want to stray from the true ’90s theme, scrounge around a thrift shop for old boomboxes, or fake one with black paper and a silver pie tin. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
5. DIY Slap Bracelets: Here’s a favor that everyone will get to enjoy! Slap some of these puppies on your friends’ wrists when they first arrive and let them customize their heart out with smiley face stickers and #throwback taglines. (via Aww, Sam)
6. Fantasy Toyland Inflatable Gummy Bear Chair ($40): There’s something irresistible about sitting on a big shiny balloon — especially one that’s shaped like a gummy bear. Enjoy it long after the party ends… or at least until it pops.
7. DIY MASH Game Printable: If your party needs some extra oomph, just add in everybody’s party fave, a fortune-telling game. Throw together a cootie catcher, or print off these MASH game sheets and figure out a way to create your own authentic drinking game with this old-school game. (via Studio DIY)
8. DIY BFF ’90s Halloween Costumes: When it comes to the ’90s, there’s no shortage of brilliant costume options. The flannels, the bedazzling, the sparkly unicorns: You can’t go wrong with one of these BFF couples. Now how to choose between Lisa Frank + Unicorn, or Cher + Dionne… (via Brit + Co)
9. Creative Sense Co. ’90s Printable Photo Booth Props ($13): A photo booth is a Halloween party requirement, so make sure you have a set of props on hand. Ensure every guest gets their picture-perfect moment with a troll doll and the classic VHS prop.
10. Dessert Bar Sign: Sorry, not sorry that this song is now stuck in your head. Whether you’re serving a “bloody” fondue goo or dunking cheese sticks into bloody tomato sauce, this dipping lyric is exactly what your snack bar needs. (via Gluesticks)
11. DIY ’90s Throwback Manicure: Add some ’90s-themed designs to your manicure so you can rock those ring pops and plastic scrunchies in style. Do a whole hand of green aliens or switch things up with tie-dye and smiley faces. (via Aww, Sam)
12. DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Twister: Put a spooky spin on a classic ’90s game with glow-in-the-dark paint and a sheet. The beauty of making your own Twister is that you get to pick the color scheme. No one will say no to a spin, especially when the lights go down and the game lights up. (via HubPages)
13. RIN Inflatable Alien ($19): Scientists may have found proof of an alien civilization, and the ’90s knew it all along. Show off your love of ET with these glowing little green men floating around your space. Hang them from the ceiling or set them up around the photo booth for a spooky accent.
14. Candy Crate 1990’s Retro Candy Gift Box ($35): Because candy is life. Instead of stocking up on the usual collection of Kit Kats and Tootsie Rolls, stay on theme with a box of retro ’90s candies like Nerds and Pop Rocks.
15. Beth’s Card Creations Neon Garlands ($4): Who knew glow-in-the-dark could be so glam? Whether you’re going with a kiddo-friendly theme or just reliving your childhood dreams, this adorable garland is a must-have for getting the party started.
16. DIY Splatter Paint Vases + Candles: A little paint splatter goes a long way with this ‘90s DIY project. Spruce up dollar store votive candles with a good dose of paint. The splatter motif is the perfect blend of Halloween gore and ’90s art theme. (via The Sassy Life)
17. DIY Printable Ghost Banner: Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters! You can’t go wrong with a ghostly garland, and these little cartoon ghosts are the perfect thing to take your decorating to new heights. (via Liz on Call)
18. Ghostbuster Meringues: Turn simple white meringues into an easy-to-display finger food that’s cute and spooky at the same time. Any meringues can be made into googly-eyed ghosts with the use of candy eyes and a Ghostbuster-inspired label. (via Brooklyn Limestone)
19. Paint Splatter Backdrop: Tape together sheets of white butcher paper and throw on some neon paint for a colorful backdrop that totally shows off your rad costume. The popping colors are a fun change from the usual blood splatter and gore. (via Sweet Pea and Poppy)
20. Glow in the Dark Cocktail Bar: ’90s party decorations are all about bright colors and flashing lights. Be sure to pick up some glow sticks and black lights because nothing screams “gettin’ jiggy with it” like neon colors and glow-in-the-dark stars. (via A Pumpkin and a Princess)
21. DIY Cosmic Brownie Milkshakes: Heads up — there are brownies involved here. Skip the gory treats and whip up a batch of these delish chocolate shakes instead. They’re super simple to make and extremely Instagram-friendly. (via Aww, Sam)
Ready to throw a retro Halloween party? Check us out on Pinterest for more ’90s decor inspiration!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.