15 Hair Hacks that Take Less Than 5 Minutes
During those occasional mornings when the snooze button gets the best of you, don’t worry about being a bed head the rest of the day. If you don’t have time to do our favorite DIY hairstyles, try these 15 hair hacks that all take less than five minutes to do! It’s a go-to guide for looking fabulous when you’re pressed for time, and get this – none of these styles need a ton of product or require curling irons and hair dryers (unless of course, you want that extra va-va-voom). Get ready to look effortlessly beautiful.
1. How to Style a Braided Chignon: Braid, twist, tuck – it’s that simple. We love that both sides of the head are styled this way, giving this hairstyle an incredibly effortless balance. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Faux Fringe: Bangs are a big deal if you’ve never had them before, so don’t do anything extreme until you’ve tried this faux fringe style. This boho chic ‘do is made possible by the flip of a pony tail. (via …love Maegan)
3. Messy French Bun: The high bun trend isn’t going anywhere, so learn how to toss one on top with this easy tutorial. Just pull your hair straight up and twist it like a unicorn horn before your wrap it around itself to finish. (via A Cup of Jo)
4. Pinned Back Bangs: This cute hairstyle keeps long bangs out of sight and your face looking fresh. Create a bit of volume by tugging on the front and top it off with your favorite hair accessory. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Knot Your Average Pony: If you can tie a shoelace, you can perfect this gorgeous hair style. Just tie two strands of hair in a knot and secure with a clear tie. Tease the final style a bit to look right on point. (via The Beauty Department)
8. Super Long Ponytail: You’ll never guess what this tutorial used to create the illusion of hair extensions. The answer: nothing but the hair that’s already there! Just tie a super high top pony, and then a standard one underneath. Not only does it add length, but it creates a stunning layered effect. (via Free People Blog)
9. Side Twist Fishtail Braid: We’ve featured this hairstyle in the past, but we just had to bring it back for this post. Reason being the video tutorial for this pretty style takes only two minutes! It’s a style that’s almost too good to be true, but we’re glad it is :) (via Running On Happiness)
10. Knot Braids: The milkmaid braid gets a cool update with this hair tutorial. Instead of braiding your hair overhead, tie loose knots in your hair until you run out of room and pin down. The result is a more downplayed style that we’d definitely rock. (via A Beautiful Mess)
12. Messy Side Pony: This blogger drew her hair-spiration from a J.Crew lookbook, but instead of copying the catalogue’s slicked back style she added a voluminous poof to the top of her tousled side pony. It might just be the perfect everyday look. (via A Cup of Jo)
13. Triple Topsy Tail Pony: The name of this ‘do is downright kooky, but the actual style is anything but. Simply part your hair in three mini ponies and flip the tail through the center of each one! It’s a fun way to look glam on the beach, don’t you think? (via The Small Things Blog)
14. Wedding Chignon: Bridal hair DIY? We love that it’s a thing. And the beauty of this basic pull back is that it can be easily amped up for the special celebration: try adding a few wisps of Baby’s Breath or an ornate hair clip that counts as either something old or something new. (via She Lets Her Hair Down)
15. Hair Chalk: Thinking of hopping on the street style trend of green, purple, and blue streaked hair? Before you take the leap, try it out for a day or two with these chalk pastels. Sometime it’s okay to dip your toes in the water ;) (via Brit + Co.)
Do you do any awesome hairstyles that take less than five minutes? Did we miss any quick and easy hair tutorials? Talk with us in the comments below.