5-Minute Celeb-Inspired Hairdos That Even We Could Master
From Golden Globes hair and makeup combos to Oscar-worthy updos, celebs really know how to take their hair game to another level. But no matter how much we love their award-winning ‘dos, it can be hard to replicate those styles when we don’t have a beauty entourage of our own. But with a few tips and tricks, it can be easier than you think to get your own version of those red carpet styles. Whether you have straight, curly or natural hair, there’s an award-season hairdo just for you — all clocking in at five mins or less. So scroll on to check out all eight styles to help bring out your inner lazy celebrity ‘do.
1. Brie Larson: While this Oscar winner has already won us over with her talent, we truly can’t get over the laid-back ease of this ponytail. If you slept in your curls and don’t know what to do with them the following day, opt to tame them by gathering your strands into a low pony and completing the look with a bow. This look is subtle and sweet and a great way to bring out your inner girl next door. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Anna Kendrick: Is there seriously nothing Anna Kendrick can’t do? This girl boss knows how to embrace her natural locks with her effortless no-fuss looks. Copy this ‘do with a 1 1/2-inch curling iron by separating your hair into four sections. Spritz with hairspray, and you’re good to go. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Selena Gomez: This look from the Met Gala is one for the books. While her ensemble was inspired by punk rock artists, her hairdo was simple and chic. Straight-haired girls can replicate this look by pulling their locks into a high pony and hide their hair tie by wrapping an extra strand of hair around it. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
4. Lucy Hale: This PLL actress knows how to embrace bed head out on the red carpet, and we can’t help but swoon. Keep your air-dried hair and take it to a whole other level by pulling half of your locks into a mini bun. Spritz with beach spray to show off your natural texture. (Photo via Jerod Harris/Getty)
5. Rashida Jones: Nothing is more perfect than a simple side braid, right? This less than five-minute ‘do is stunning, yet effortless to recreate. Forgo the frizz-free balm to show off your baby hairs for a child-like style. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Emma Stone: Simple and clean are the perfect words to describe this A-list actress’s hairstyle. Sleek out your bomb by using a straightening iron and creating a deep part. This look is a must for date night with your new favorite person or a girls’ night out. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
7. Olivia Munn: Olivia’s high pony style is straight-up gorgeous! Whether you have super curly strands or a mane full of waves, show off your natural texture with this fun style. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
8. Kerry Washington: OK, Kerry, you did it again. If you want to replicate this beautiful hairdo, all you need are a few bobby pins and a bit of spray. After you put your hair in a high pony, braid your locks and wrap them around each other. Make it stay put with a few bobby pins and spray, and this style will last you all day long. (Photo via Emma McIntyre/Getty)
For more beauty and style inspo, follow us on Pinterest.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)