5 Ways to Be Your Best Single Self During the Holidays
The holiday season can be a paradoxical time of year: While the advent of Starbucks’ red cups signals a time of celebration, all of the merry-making can be a hard reminder of not having someone to share it all with. But the holidays aren’t a time for sadness — and if you’re like these ladies who love being single and live in the right city, you can use these five tips to make the most of it.
1. Date your friends. Being single doesn’t exclude you from some of the best parts of the holiday season. From ice skating, walks in the snow and festive movies, head out with your squad and celebrate together!
2. Cozy up with your family. If you’re feeling any shortage of love and affection during the holidays, turn to the people who love you the most. You can relive old memories and make special new ones.
3. Treat yo’ self. Whether you’re buying yourself that pair of shoes that you’ve wanted forever or splurging on a nice bottle of wine, remember to gift yourself during the holiday season. You’re totally worth it!
4. Get fit. During the most gluttonous time of year, put your athleticism into overdrive. Even if it’s a morning walk after that holiday potluck, exercising will keep your confidence high and give you all the more reason to slip into that LBD or special New Year’s sparkly outfit!
5. Get out there and make merry. Sure, the holidays are a romantic time of year — but they’re also a season brimming with parties. If you’re single and ready to mingle or just enjoying some time to yourself, there’s nothing better than throwing on your best dress and hitting the town.
How do you live your best single life during the holidays? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)