If there’s one thing you probably know about us, it’s that we *love* to support cool makers and entrepreneurs from around the world. That’s why whenever we get a chance, we’re always perusing the goodies on Kickstarter and Indiegogo for the hottest tech and coolest products that innovative peeps can dream up. Here are a few of our favorites crowdfunds that we’ve discovered this month.
1. Pico Model C: Craft beer is definitely one of our guilty pleasures. The new Pico Model C is a smart craft beer brewing appliance that makes it ridiculously easy to brew your own craft beer at home. Simply insert the PicoPaks into the machine, add water, and brew for around two hours. Then all you have to do is ferment, carbonate, and enjoy!
2. Chris: Most people know that texting while driving is a BIG no-no; but we also know how hard it can be to ignore a beeping iPhone. Luckily, this hands-free device allows us to keep up with our online lives while staying safe on the road. Not only does it act as a super convenient GPS, but it notifies you of Facebook messages, WhatsApp pings, emails, calls… basically, everything you could ever want to know on the way to work.
3. Joto: This cool device is about to make your gallery wall soooo much better. Joto is a connected display that draws with a pen and is designed to be hung on your wall like a picture frame. Yep, using the corresponding app, you can create pictures (AKA jots) and send them straight to your wall.
4. Tens: When three photographers went on a road trip through the Scottish Highlands, they kept thinking about how sunglasses shouldn’t just be focused on how YOU look, they should be focused on how everything you SEE looks. So they developed a custom lens tint that basically works like an IRL Instagram filter (and, of course, it doesn’t hurt that they’re hella stylish too).
5. Launch Ladies: If you or anyone you know is raising any young ladies ATM, we *highly* suggest you introduce them to this awesome new illustrated board book. Not only will it make an absolutely stunning addition to any library, but we love that it focuses on all the brave, bold women in the space program — past, present, and future.
6. BUKUL: Most girlbosses know the struggle of running around from meeting to meeting with only the essentials in hand (AKA laptop, notebook, pen, and phone). But instead of lugging around your heavy briefcase, this cool strap attaches to your notebook or laptop and make it super easy to carry what you need without the extra weight.
7. Tapdo: This smart button allows you to turn your fingerprints into a highly-personalized remote control. Whether you attach it to your wrist or keep it in your pocket, you can assign over 20 functions to different parts of your hands — from sending a prescribed Tweet with your index finger to controlling your Google Music with your palm.
8. GoodNewspaper: We probably don’t have to tell you that the media is full of horrific and depressing news these days. While keeping tabs on the happenings of the world (good or bad) is VERY important, there are times when we just want to hear some good news. Meet GoodNewspaper, a quarterly newspaper that shines a light on people, ideas, and movements that are changing the world for the better. It’s basically a physical version of Upworthy and we freakin’ love it.
9. Superscreen: Even though it’s convenient, watching a film on our iPhones is actually quite annoying. This tablet-sized screen makes it super simple to view anything you’re streaming or watching on your phone at an enlarged sized. Plus, their patent-pending technology transfers data between your phone and the screen at a rate that’s faster than WiFi. Movie night at our place, ladies!
Are you currently backing any cool Kickstarters? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Goodnewspaper)