A whole new level of Bachelor drama and an olive branch from Katy Perry lead this morning’s top news stories. Check out those and more below in Monday’s Morning Buzz!
1. Bachelor Nation was shocked to learn on Sunday that production on Bachelor in Paradise had been suspended and contestants were being flown home, just days after the cast for the new season had been announced. The shut-down was initially reported as due to allegations of “misconduct,” but now more details are emerging. According to ET, who spoke to a source close to the cast, the alleged misconduct involved DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios. A producer reportedly filed the complaint, and now an investigation is taking place. Reporter Amy Kaufman, who is writing a book on the Bachelor, tweeted a more detailed account that lines up with ET’s story but fills in a few of the question marks. We’ll let you know as more details get confirmed. (Photos via ABC)
2. Whoa: Katy Perry apologized to Taylor Swift and wants to put their beef behind them. In a chat with Arianna Huffington over the weekend, Perry switched gears and said that she not only forgives Swift for supposedly trying to “assassinate her character,” but also that she loves her and thinks she’s a good songwriter and wants to move on from their long-running feud. “There are bigger fish to fry, and there are bigger problems in the world. I love her and I want the best for her, and I think she’s a fantastic songwriter, and like, I think that if we both, her and I, can be representatives of strong women that come together despite their differences, I think the whole world is going to go, like, ‘Yeah, we can do this.'” (h/t Rolling Stone; photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
3. John Legend won a Tony last night and Chrissy Teigen is SO excited that he almost has an EGOT. Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony. John Legend can now scratch another one of these prestigious arts awards off the acronym list made famous by 30 Rock all those years ago, and Chrissy Teigen is super excited. “John won a Tony!!!” she tweeted. “He has a GOT!” Legend snagged his Tony when the August Wilson play Jitney, which he co-produced, won for Best Revival. We’re about as sure that that Emmy is imminent as we are that Teigen and Legend are total #couplegoals. (Photo via Jenny Anderson/Getty)
4. Jaime Pressly debuted her baby bump in an adorable pic. Just a few days ago, Pressly announced that she was expecting twins, and in a new pic with her Mom costar Allison Janney, she looks absolutely radiant. Looking great, girl!
5. Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins shared some kindergarteners’ reactions to the movie and we’re not crying, you’re crying. See, THIS is why we need more movies like Wonder Woman for young kids. Jenkins tweeted a letter that had been sent to her from someone who works at a kindergarten and documented all of the things that happened within a week of the movie being released. One little boy wanted to trade his Iron Man lunchbox for a Wonder Woman lunchbox. Several other kids actually came to school dressed as the Amazonian superhero. “If this movie completely changed the way these girls and boys thought about themselves and the world in a week,” the person wrote, “imagine what the next generation will achieve if we give them more movies like Wonder Woman.” Hard agree. BRB, bawling!
6. Quote of the day: “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Keep these words from Eleanor Roosevelt in mind today for some #MondayMotivation.
What’s your #MondayMotivation today? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty)