How to Throw an American Horror Story: Hotel Premiere Party Lady Gaga Would Attend
Is anyone else a bit too excited for the Season 5 premiere of American Horror Story?! With more terrifying plots, insane getups and a new cast member we’re just dying to see (read: Lady Gaga), we just can’t even. If you too are obsessed with all things AHS, then throwing a dinner premiere party on October 7 is a definite must. Take inspiration from Mother Monster by channeling this promo pic Gaga snapped for the series.
“Nothing like a family dinner,” she wrote — eeeeek! With the uber-creepy ideas below, you’ll be able to put an AHS spin on the typical Halloween dinner party. These go way beyond spaghetti intestines and peeled grape eyeballs. No kids allowed, because this is one scary-ass event.
4. Blank Eyes Adult Mask ($6): Pass these around for laughs and scares all night long.
8. Bleeding Candles ($6+): Dining by candlelight is so bloody romantic, isn’t it? Here’s a tip: Light the skull for at least two hours, and it will start bleeding from its eyes by the time your guests arrive.
9. Dog Skeleton ($30): A devilish dinner isn’t complete without a hellhound or two.
10. Black Branch Wreath ($50): You can buy this solemn wreath, but a much cheaper option is to grab some bare branches from the yard and spray paint them black. Bonus points for creepy doll head accessories.
14. Black Vodka: There are so many Halloween cocktails to choose from, but black vodka’s the way to go at a scary party. Try one of these three recipes (Ghost in the Graveyard, Screwed-Up Screwdriver and Berry Scary Martini) to show off your monster mixology skills. (via Martha Stewart)
15. Black Striped Candles ($24): What’s a dinner party without a little candle action? These will look killer on your tablescape in an old candelabra.
BONUS!Embellished Collar Midi Dress ($94): If you really want to get in character, pick up a Mother Monster-inspired dress to play the part. The peephole neckline and metallic collar here scream horror queen. Red lip required!
How would you set the scene for a grisly Halloween soiree? Share your scariest ideas in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)