Is anyone else a bit too excited for the Season 5 premiere of American Horror Story?! With more terrifying plots, insane getups and a new cast member we’re just dying to see (read: Lady Gaga), we just can’t even. If you too are obsessed with all things AHS, then throwing a dinner premiere party on October 7 is a definite must. Take inspiration from Mother Monster by channeling this promo pic Gaga snapped for the series.
“Nothing like a family dinner,” she wrote — eeeeek! With the uber-creepy ideas below, you’ll be able to put an AHS spin on the typical Halloween dinner party. These go way beyond spaghetti intestines and peeled grape eyeballs. No kids allowed, because this is one scary-ass event.
4. Blank Eyes Adult Mask ($6): Pass these around for laughs and scares all night long.
8. Bleeding Candles ($6+): Dining by candlelight is so bloody romantic, isn’t it? Here’s a tip: Light the skull for at least two hours, and it will start bleeding from its eyes by the time your guests arrive.
9. Dog Skeleton ($30): A devilish dinner isn’t complete without a hellhound or two.
10. Black Branch Wreath ($50): You can buy this solemn wreath, but a much cheaper option is to grab some bare branches from the yard and spray paint them black. Bonus points for creepy doll head accessories.
14. Black Vodka: There are so many Halloween cocktails to choose from, but black vodka’s the way to go at a scary party. Try one of these three recipes (Ghost in the Graveyard, Screwed-Up Screwdriver and Berry Scary Martini) to show off your monster mixology skills. (via Martha Stewart)
15. Black Striped Candles ($24): What’s a dinner party without a little candle action? These will look killer on your tablescape in an old candelabra.
BONUS! Embellished Collar Midi Dress ($94): If you really want to get in character, pick up a Mother Monster-inspired dress to play the part. The peephole neckline and metallic collar here scream horror queen. Red lip required!
How would you set the scene for a grisly Halloween soiree? Share your scariest ideas in the comments!