When it comes to planning a memorable Halloween get-together, the devil is definitely in the details. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite spooky spirits for you to add to your cocktail menu so you can get back to the other important stuff: finding the ultimate costume, curating a soundtrack and rounding up some treats for those trick or treaters.
1. Get Lucky Cocktail: We’re obsessed with this blackberry, ginger and honey combination. This dark and sweet cocktail is sure to impress all your party guests. (via Harper’s Bazaar)
2. Mrs. Bates Cocktail: Struggling to come up with a name for your signature sip? Go with a name from a classic horror film. This whiskey cocktail is a great go-to for some grown-up sipping — Mr. Hitchcock would be proud. (via Designlovefest)
3. Candy Corn Jello Shots: If this doesn’t make your mouth water, we don’t know what will. This spooky take on a college favorite is right up our alley. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Raven’s Wing: We’re totally down for seasonal sips and snacks, but we also love a good literary-inspired libation. (via Kelli Hall)
5. The Blackbeard: When in doubt, go with something black. This squid ink-infused concoction calls for your spookiest stemware. (via Honestly Yum)
6. Blood Bones: This campy cocktail is something your guests will be talking about all night. Prep your Jello bones ahead of time and there’s no need for any other garnish. (via Brit + Co)
7. Blood Red Sun of Fantastic LA Cocktail: How’s that for a name? This gorgeous drink calls for just a dash of absinthe. (via Designlovefest)
8. Gummy Worm Ice Cubes: It’s Halloween — let’s get those creative juices flowing. These gummy worm ice cubes are sure to resonate with the kiddos and the grown-ups alike. (via Taking Care of Monkey Business)
9. Apple Cidecar: Apple cide-car — get it? This punny take on a classic is a cinch to whip up; just four ingredients and you can get back to planning the rest of your Halloween bash. (via Brit + Co)
10. Halloween Drink Stirrer DIY: Sips and snacks aside, our Halloween get-togethers are all about the little details. These drink stirrers are simple to DIY and will work for mixed drinks and cupcakes. (via Paper & Stitch)
11. Poison Berry Smash Cocktail: Ditch the keg and keep it classic for your Halloween drink menu with this creepy in-season cocktail. (via Camille Styles)
12. Poison Apple Cocktail: It’s not a party in autumn without an apple-flavored treat or two. This cocktail is definitely a tastier alternative to bobbing, don’t you think? (via The Tomkat Studio)
13. Black & Orange Rum Punch: It’s a Halloween party, so there has to be some orange and black on the menu. This delicious rum punch is a welcome change from all of those pumpkin drinks out there. (via Brit + Co)
14. Witches Brew: Pro tip: a wickedly good punch is usually the culprit behind every memorable holiday party. (via HGTV)
Which Halloween libation are you loving? Share your favorites in the comments!