15 Animal-Themed Gift Ideas for Birthdays, Housewarming — Oh My!
Alright, all you animaniacs out there: Look alive, because this shoppable collection is wild. From jewelry to wall art, pay tribute to your spirit animal with these beast in show pieces from the Brit + Co Shop.
1. Wild Clutch ($46): Get creative with the way you wrap gifts and use this this bold clutch as your own wrapping paper. Stuff your presents inside and voila!
2. Birds of Paradise 2016 Calendar ($32): Not only is this wall calendar full of some great artwork, but it also lends itself to all kinds of puns: “Scheduling? That’s for the birds.” “My, how time is flying by this month.” See? You try.
3. Cat’s Meow Print ($17): The Cat’s Meow (noun): What you’ll be after you give this to the cat lover in your life.
4. Balloon Animal Cards ($16): Remember how happy it made you as a kid getting your very own balloon giraffe? Your friends will feel the same when they open their mailbox to find one of these greeting cards.
5. Bird Ring Holder ($13): Oops, you went a little overboard accessory shopping last month. Store all your beautiful finds on this gorgeous ring holder.
8. Tiger Print Notecards ($18): Send love in four poppy, colorful ways, all fit for a wild child.
9. Fox iPhone Case ($30): Dress your tech with this foxy phone case.
10. Deer Print ($20): This painting of one of nature’s gentlest creatures brings cheer and a sweet splash of color to any room.
12. French Bulldog Coin Bank ($49): No hard feelings, piggie, but we love this alternative that pays tribute to one of our favorite dog breeds.
13. Sparrow Bracelet ($15): These sparrow stacking bangles would make lovely friendship bracelets for you and your bestie.
14. Elephant Love Print ($21): Through years of study, scientists have found that elephants have what might be the biggest capacity for love and emotion in the animal kingdom. This print itself is a gorgeous expression of love.
See your spirit animal in this roundup? Share in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!