If you’re a mom, you probably reach into your diaper bag on the daily to use a product on yourself that’s actually intended for your little one. And who could blame you? There are a lot of baby products that beauty-conscious moms and child-free babes alike swear by — we’re talking cleansers, lotions, balms, wipes and more. If you tend to prefer formulas that are seriously gentle, non-irritating and extra soothing, consider these seven beauty products you can find in the baby aisle.
1. giggle All-Purpose Wonder Balm ($14): If there’s one type of product you should pick up for you and baby, it’s an all-purpose beauty balm. Also known as skin salve, this one-stop-shop kind of product does so much: It moisturizes everything (hands, skin, dry ends of your hair), soothes irritated skin (hello, diaper rash), can act as a quick highlighter (just tap on the high points of your face for a dewy glow) and acts as a solid lip conditioner.
2. Johnson’s Baby Powder ($1): Beyond being a tried-and-true product that absorbs excess moisture from the skin, old-school baby powder is a game-changing hack for those times when you haven’t showered in a few days. Apply a bit to the roots of your hair, rub it in and then brush it out to hide oily hair and give some nice volume.
3. Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Face & Hand Cloths ($6): These cloths are an absolute must-have, because you never know when you’ll need a quick cleanse. Whether you’re wiping lunch off your baby’s face or busting these out to tackle your own sticky situation (literally), these gentle but effective wipes are more useful than you could even imagine.
4. The Honest Co. Soothing Bottom Wash ($10): Okay, I know — the name of this product might have you thinking, WTF, how would an *adult* use this?! This soothing skin spray can be used basically anywhere you want to refresh the skin, from your baby’s bottom to your face (the ingredients are SO similar to my fave DIY face mist) to any area of your skin that needs some love. Aloe and witch hazel work wonders to calm, cleanse and give your skin a re-boot.
5. SheaMoisture Raw Shea Chamomile & Argan Oil Baby Lotion ($10): Reach for this rich moisturizer when you or your baby’s skin is thirsty. Argan oil makes your skin silky smooth, while shea butter and chamomile soothe any irritation.
6. Weleda Calendula Baby Oil ($17): Oils are *so* useful when it comes to beauty. They’re similar to beauty balms in the sense that they can be used a ton of ways and offer countless benefits. This fragrance-free baby oil deeply penetrates the skin so it’s suuuper hydrated (try this stuff on rough elbows!) but can also be dabbed on as an oil highlighter.
7. Nature’s Baby Organics Aromatherapy Calming Spray in Lovely Lavender ($6): Being a mama can be stressful (or so I hear). Having a small bottle of a calming aromatherapy spray on hand for you and the babe can give you just the peace of mind you need when you’ve been listening to a screaming child all day. Spritz this stuff around you, take some deep breaths and dedicate a few quiet moments to yourself.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.