September marks the beginning of sweater weather, PSLs and pre-holiday madness. It’s the time of year when the weather cools down and our weekends change from beachy adventures to couch snuggles by the fire with a good book. If you are welcoming a new addition to your family soon, we suggest keeping the month’s comfy and cozy family vibe in mind. Check out the 10 names below for what to name your September baby.
September Boy Baby Names
1. Forrest: The best part of fall is definitely all those bright and beautiful trees. Name your little one after a whole bunch of ’em with this strong yet classic moniker.
2. Murray: Bill Murray, our fave Wes Anderson actor and September baby, definitely deserves some little dudes sporting his last name. You could even dress your tiny person up as Steve Zissou for his first Halloween.
3. Hunter: Whether you are a Hunter S. Thompson fan or lover of strong names, this one will be just right for your strong and creative dude.
4. Otis: This old-school name has been getting a bit of attention lately, and for good reason. Choose it for your little one and call him “Oti” for short.
5. Asher: Meaning “happy” in Hebrew, this old English name would be great for your early fall babe. Call him “Ash,” after the tree, for short.
September Girl Baby Names
1. Autumn: This seasonal moniker is a unique and beautiful pick for your little girl. Pair with a floral middle name like “Rose” or “Dahlia” for that finishing touch.
2. Aster: As the Greek word for “star,” this should definitely be the name for your little superstar. It’s also a tree with gorgeous flowers that bloom in early fall.
3. Willow: Okay, last tree-inspired name. Promise. We love this name, which takes its meaning, “graceful,” from the appearance of its gorgeous, sweeping branches.
4. Sapphire: Both elegant and classy, this Hebrew name meaning “beautiful gem” would be fitting since it’s also September’s birthstone.
5. Zendaya: Our girl Zendaya blows out the candles Sept 1. Honor her impeccable style and grace by naming your little one this moniker that means “to give thanks.”
What August-inspired name are you loving? Are there any summery names that we missed? Let us know in the comments below!