New Hair Trend: 10 Celebrites Who Do Babylights Right
Gone are the days where we head to the salon and request chunky highlights… well, actually, those days are long gone. Now, it’s all about the balayage and ombre. So what’s next? Babylights. This is basically just a term coined for teeny tiny highlights all over your head that make for a really natural appearance, like you were naturally gifted with perfect sun-kissed hair. Get a little hair inspo from these 10 celebs who rock babylights right.
1. Jessica Alba: Although this is a newer term, tons of celebs (and maybe you!) have been rocking this trend without even knowing it. Jessica Alba always has perfectly highlighted hair… or shall we say babylit? (via Daily Makeover)
2. Gisele Bundchen: Gisele nails the I-just-stepped-off-the-beach hair, and we’re totally jealous. Channel your inner model and take this picture to your next salon appointment to get the look. (via Daily Makeover)
3. Dominika Grnova: Dominika is the OG of babylights. We mean, her stylist made up the term. It’s only fitting that she has perfectly colored platinum locks. (via Refinery29)
7. Rosie Huntington-Whitely: This Victoria’s Secret model has the long, wavy look down. We love that you can’t tell that her hair is colored — the more natural, the better. (via Harpers Bazaar)
8. Naomi Watts: The variety of shades of blond on Naomi Watts makes us want to skip out on the office and hit the salon STAT. Wear this sleek look on the red carpet or on the couch. (via Glamour Magazine)
9. Blake Lively: Yep, the perfect couple just got even more perfect with the news that they are expecting their first child, but that’s not what we’re oohing and ahhing over today. This time, it’s all about those gorgeous locks of hers. (via Heart + Sole)
10. Megan Hilty: We’re not just obsessing over her gorgeous color, but also the natural cut of Megan Hilty’s ‘do. After all, the perfect way to top off natural babylights is a not-trying-but-really-trying cut and style. (via Style Bistro)
What was your favorite look? Are you ready to play around with babylights this fall? Tell us in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!