Back to School: 5 Apps to Make Adults Better at Adulting
As August rolls to a close, it’s time for us (unfortunately) to get back to reality. And for many, the start of September is synonymous with the start of school. In the spirit of learning, we made this week’s five-app roundup into a refresher course on life. Here’s just a sampler from this week’s “School of Rad Apps” syllabus: music class, current events, foreign language and even gym class. Now get out there and start learning.
1. Doyt : Put your DJ skills to the test and mix music to send to your friends. You can layer up to three tracks, sing a ditty of your own invention and get your silly songs stuck in all your friends’ heads. They’ll be nothing but grateful, we can guarantee it.
2. Hen : For those moments when you find a really interesting article but don’t have time to properly appreciate it there and then, you can snooze it to read later. It comes with settings for a half hour snooze, later that day or any specific day or time. Hen will save the article offline so you can read it on your own terms, even if you’re out of service.
3. Sweatcoin : For those who say “I would exercise if someone paid me,” you have no more excuses. Someone is actually paying you. This amazing new app rewards users for every step they take. Once you’ve earned enough points, you’ll be able to redeem your steps for meals, clothing and even gadgets.
4. Mondly : Summer travel season may be winding down, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start learning a new language for your next trip. The rad thing that we love about this app is its innovative voice chatbot that will help you actually have a conversation and put your language skills to a real test.
5. Krautkopf : If you’re a vegetarian, you know how easy it is to fall back on the same old recipes and same old meat substitutes. But just because you don’t eat meat doesn’t mean that you can’t experiment with a whole bunch of new foods. This app will recommend new recipes that change with the season, so you’ll never get bored with the same old thing.
DL It: $4.99 on iOS
Which was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo !