You’ve really gotta love adulting in this day and age. First we were blessed with meal subscription boxes, and now we have grocery delivery services so we basically never have to leave the house. It’s the modern version of having a milkman, only grass-fed beef and toilet paper can be dropped off as well. To find out which service is right for you, keep reading.
1. Instacart: This user-friendly service allows you to buy groceries from retailers like Whole Foods, Costco, Petco, and CVS, and have them delivered in as little as an hour. Available nationwide, the price of delivery depends on the size of your order (it must be at least $10) and the delivery time that you choose. For orders over $35, if you use Instacart Express, you can get free delivery within 1-2 hours. But watch out: A “Busy Pricing” fee may be added to your order if you need your stuff during particularly high-demand window, but you can see everything at checkout *before* finalizing your order.
2. Shipt: You wouldn’t let just anyone pick out your precious avocados, but you can rest assured that the grocery experts at Shipt will get the job done. Your order comes from your local store and a trusted shopper in your community will do all the work for you for same-day service. When you order straight from the app, you could be making guacamole within the hour. You can even try your first two weeks free before committing to the membership. And if you’re looking to make some extra cash, you can even apply to be a shopper yourself.
3. Peapod: Unlike the first two options, Peapod deliveries don’t come from your local grocery store. They have their own warehouse that’s home to 12,000 products for you to choose from. If you live in one of the 13 states they operate out of, select next day or two-week delivery depending on what’s best for you. For orders from $60-$99.99, the delivery fee is $9.95 and $100 and up orders are just $6.95. Since the minimum order price is so high, you may want to keep this one in mind for those big weekly orders.
4. Amazon Fresh: Just when you think that there’s no way you could spend more on Amazon, they announce their fresh grocery delivery service. If you’re lucky enough to be in one of the first available locations (Seattle, Northern California, Southern California, New York, and Philadelphia areas), you can even get the Whole Foods 365 brand included in your order.
5. Fresh Direct: If you’re looking for unique fresh produce, quality meats, and meal kits, Fresh Direct is the way to go. They have everything you could possibly want, and they even deliver beer, wine, and spirits right to your door. You have no excuse to avoid throwing that dinner party now. Available nationwide, all you have to do is sign up and in no time you’ll have easy access to all of your grocery needs. You can even get goodies delivered to the office, so that your next big meeting can be spiced up with a cheese and fruit platter. You’re welcome.
Follow us on Pinterest for more busy girl hacks!