The Best Shampoo for EVERY Hair Type
When it comes to shampoo, there are soooo many different kinds on the market. And while that’s great and all if you’re an avid collector, it can be difficult to sift through the sheer amount of products. If you’re having trouble finding the right product to tame that mane (and you’re more into washing your hair than Kim Kardashian, let’s say…), we’re here to help. From frizzy to flat hair, these shampoos will work for any hair type.
1. For Oily Hair: Workin’ that second (or third) day hair? Opt for a clarifying shampoo like Fekkai Salon Professional Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo ($20) to ensure that all oil and product buildup stays far away from your beautiful head of hair.
2. For Color-Treated Hair: Color-treated tresses can be unruly to deal with. And unfortunately, keeping the tone that you actually want can be pretty difficult too. Try Bumble and bumble Color Minded Shampoo ($31) to keep your shade true to color.
3. For Unruly Split Ends: If your ends have gotten a little out of hand, a split-end-mending shampoo like Nexxus Promend Split End Treatment Daily Shampoo ($10) with flax seed oil is perfect for providing a silky smooth finish.
4. For Color-Treated Blondes: Do you get a little help achieving that blonde hue? Try a color-preserving shampoo that will ensure that your blonde locks stay vibrant and fresh, sans brassiness. This John Frieda Everlasting Blonde Shampoo ($5) is our new fave.
5. For Naturally Wavy Hair: If you have natural waves, play them up with a shampoo formulated for your curly tresses. OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Shampoo ($8) combines coconut oil and sweet honey to enhance your curls and tame frizz.
6. For Damaged Hair: Between the flat ironing, curling and all of the products we put in it, our mop gets damaged super easily. Try using a shampoo with a moisturizing base such as Redken All Soft Shampoo ($19), which uses avocado oil and olive oil to keep your mane silky smooth.
7. For Dry Hair: During the cold winter months, our hair can be a tad on the dry side. Go for a hydrating shampoo that keeps it frizz-free and moisturized, like this Pantene Expert Collection Dry Defy Shampoo ($9).
8. For Curly Hair: It’s time to embrace those curls. Use the L’Oreal EverCurl Shampoo ($7) that’s non-drying and keeps your frizz under control.
9. For Dull Hair: If you have trouble keeping your hair shiny, use a shampoo that has a purple base. Lush Daddy-O (starting at $10) prevents your locks from going brassy and keeps hair bright and shiny. What’s not to love?
10. For Fine, Flat Hair: Ditch the teasing comb and go for Drybar’s Texas Tea Volumizing Shampoo ($23). It’s perfect for flat hair and will keep it full of body all day.
11. For Frizzy Hair: Fight frizz with Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo ($24). Oh, and did we mention it has humidity-blocking properties and is sulfate-free? Talk about the perfect shampoo for those hard-to-manage locks.
12. For Thick, Textured Hair: Play up your full-textured hair by using a shampoo like Sheamoisture Coconut + Hibiscus Curl + Shine Shampoo ($10). It’s got anti-frizz, moisture and shine properties that help keep your curls looking their best.
What’s your favorite shampoo? Talk to us in the comments.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.