Finding the Best Small Tattoo for You
From minimalist dots to matching couples designs, tiny tattoos are a subtle way to show off your style without a big commitment. Luckily, there has never been more inspo or info on options for your dainty designs. Scroll down for trending tattoo ideas and the latest and greatest in petite personal ink.
Downsizing your design doesn’t mean your look will be any less dramatic. Small script and wee symbols can make a big impact on your personal style. There’s something for everyone from no-frills minimalists to ladies who are a little extra.
Inspo for The Tiniest Tattoos
Who needs friendship bracelets when you can create your personal bestie brand? Opting for ink with coordinating themes or matching styles is the coolest way to keep the ones you love close or a sentimental message top of mind.
Inspo for Tattoos that Go Together
If you’re looking to really make your mark, turn to a slew of artful ideas inspired by your favorite pet and mythical creatures or more abstract styles and geometric shapes. Think beyond the basic to embrace new techniques and playful touches.
INSPO FOR TATTOOS THAT GO Beyond
Choose a single hue or select a few stunning shades to complete your mini masterpiece. Watercolor florals and whimsical prints make even the smallest tattoo stand out so opt for pigments that will complement your skin tone and stand the test of time.
Inspo for Creative, Colorful Tattoos
Stars, they’re just like us — especially when it comes to a bit of body art. Get inspired by all the red carpet regulars who went under the needle including Miley Cyrus’ touching tribute tatt, Beyoncé’s simple three dots, and more.
If you’ve got it, flaunt it... but first take care of it with a few helpful hints and best practices for maintaining your fresh ink.
5 Tips for Tending to Your New Tattoo
A fresh tattoo can take up to six weeks to heal so pay attention to these points and practices to make sure your new ink stays healthy and clean.
1. Ask about your bandage. Different artists use various bandages post-session so knowing how long to keep yours on is essential.
2. Cleanse often. Gently wash your tiny tatt with soap and water several times a day to prevent the possibility of infection.
3. Keep your tattoo moisturized. Ask your artist how often you should apply specialty moisturizers so your skin stays supple. Remember to always clean hands before use.
4. Avoid water exposure. Steer clear of baths or lengthy showers without proper waterproof protection on your ink.
5. Remember your SPF. As always, staying in the sun with what is basically an open wound is harmful. If you are out and about in the sun, remember to repeat sunscreen application throughout the day.
Want more tiny tattoo inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Written by: Zoey Washington
Photographer: Brittany Griffin
Graphic Design: Rebecca Fong
Set Design and Styling: Cassidy Miller
Models: Sarah Koller, Natasha Thomas, Stephanie Brown, Cassidy Miller, Anjelika Temple