Cool Rider: 20 Biker Jackets to Rev Up Your Winter Style
Please tell us we’re not the only ones who’ve seen Grease 2. A little recap for those of you who missed out: Michelle Pfeiffer played ultimate cool gal, Stephanie Zinone, who kept turning down a hunky (yet vanilla) British exchange student. Eventually he Sandra Dee’d himself in by riding on a hog into the luau. (Talk about gender role reversal.) But she wanted a bad boy, and she turned him down the only way Rydell High girls know how — with song. Channel her look with a biker jacket that will have you sing-spelling, “C-O-O-L R-I-D-E-R” in no time.
1. Colorblocked Tweet Jacket ($50): Who said bikers only wore leather? There’s nothing like a warm tweed jacket in a bold hue to make a statement this winter.
2. Marled Boucle Moto Jacket ($28): It’s time to retire your tried-and-true blazer and bring out this office-friendly moto jacket.
3. River Island Waterfall Biker Jacket ($95): Be bright as a canary in this featherweight take on the traditional biker. We’ll be breaking this one out come spring, too.
4. Mango Denim Biker Jacket ($80): We’re totally digging this tough gal take on an all-American classic.
5. Chaser Block Party Faux Fur Moto Jacket ($218): O.M.G. — NastyGal knows how it’s done. Squeeze into some leather jeggings and slip on a pair of booties to complete the look. You’ll definitely make an entrance with this furry biker jacket.
6. Faux Fur-Trimmed Boucle Moto Jacket ($38): Who knew biker jackets could be so ultra-feminine and flirty? Keep it school girl chic and swipe on a classic red lip for a look that’s straight out of Taylor Swift’s closet.
7. Floral Print Biker Jacket ($66): This pastel watercolor floral print has us swooning. When you’ve got a statement jacket this perf, you can keep jewelry and makeup minimal to make it the star of the show.
8. Lou & Grey Quiltist Moto Jacket ($90): This luxe, quilted moto is chic enough for a work presentation or weekend brunch. With its black and white marbled texture, it goes with pretty much anything.
9. Pippa Lynn Neoprene Moto Jacket ($161): Up your cool-girl cred with this pinstripe biker. The belted hem, zippers galore and accent pockets are enough detail to make anyone a moto-jacket convert.
10. JOA Herringbone Biker Jacket ($169): Now that you’ve mastered the art of French girl hair, you need a European-chic jacket to finish the look. A requirement of French style is sporting pieces with timeless fabrics and silhouettes. This herringbone number will never go out of style.
11. Boxy Woven Moto Jacket ($35): After watching season after season of Project Runway, we know a major takeaway when it comes to style is to KISS — “Keep It Simple, Stupid.” This minimalist, structured jacket gives you angles in all the right places, no shoulder pads required.
12. Plaid Moto Jacket ($25): Tartan is sooo in right now. This classic pattern pairs perfectly with pants, skirts and dresses. Add it as your go-to biker jacket and your winter wardrobe will always be on point.
13. Mango Tweed Biker Jacket ($90): If you’re looking for a classic, non-leather biker jacket, look no further. The zippered side pockets and button hem closure add just enough detail without trying too hard.
14. Monki Wool Biker ($95): This deep, emerald green looks good on everybody. Pair it with some black skinnies and call it good.
15. Adele Sequin Biker Jacket ($63): Our love of sequins will never fade. Throw this on over your hottest party dress for a night out on the town.
16. Sister Jane Wool Moto Jacket ($169): A pop of color never hurt anyone. Stand out in this cherry red number.
17. Faux Suede Aviator Jacket ($48): Talk about an urban cowgirl look. You can keep it rugged by wearing this camel colored jacket with your favorite pair of jeans or match it up with a sweater dress for a new take on cowgirl chic.
18. Cartonnier Shimmered Sweaterknit Moto Jacket ($148): If you’re looking to swap out your cardigan for a knit in a different style, this delicate moto jacket is the pick for you. It’s chic but not too tough, which is perfect for meeting your SO’s parents this holiday.
19. Tweed Moto Jacket ($45): We love it when Olivia Pope appears on screen in her gladiator armor of white (who doesn’t?). For day-to-day business, she’s always got a tweed jacket and suit in her rotation. If you’re looking for a stylish, functional jacket for winter, consider it handled.
How do you rock a biker jacket? Tell us in the comments!