Forget jumpsuits, off-the-shoulder dresses and denim shorts — with an abundance of pool parties and seaside hang sessions on the docket, the only summer outfit formula you need to master involves nothing more than a killer swimsuit, a chic pair of sandals and an It-girl approved kimono or coverup to pull it all together. Summer might be in full swing, but it’s not too late to score the perfect suit. We consulted the stars to find a swoon-worthy bikini for your upcoming getaway — scroll on to see which style you’re fated to wear according to your zodiac sign.
1. We Are Handsome The Abyss Lattice Bikini ($206): Kickin’ back with your toes in the sand? Pfft. Your go-get-em attitude and sense of adventure mean beach trips are all about seizing the day — surfing, paddle boarding and volleyball — and you need a swimsuit that can keep up. Leave the frilly bikini behind and add this ready-for-anything two-piece that’s a little bit sporty and a whole lot chic (just check out that lattice back!).
2. Fella Oliver Bikini Top ($120) + Bikini Bottom ($60): Girl, you’re all about keepin’ it real. You’re practical, reliable and always classy, and your go-to bikini should be too. Over-the-top embellishments and too-trendy silhouettes don’t have staying power, but this streamlined number will look just as cool next season as it does right now. With a tried-and-true white hue and geometrical cutouts that are more sophisticated than scandalous, this timeless suit will be the one you reach for year after year.
3. Out from Under Printed Halter Bikini Top ($38) + Solid Ruched High-Waisted Bikini Bottom ($42): With the twins as your symbol and your trademark fun-loving personality, it makes perfect sense that you’d be drawn to a playful swimsuit that has a hint of mystery. Enter the mix-and-match bikini that was made for weekend shenanigans, exotic getaways and lazing around in the hammock. The only thing missing? A gilded bodychain that solidifies your status as the life of the party.
4. Triangl Confetti Garden ($89): Edgy yet elegant is how you like to play it, Cancer, and this DDG swimsuit checks all the boxes. The feminine floral bottom and sporty white top speak perfectly to the contradictory nature of your sign, giving you a bold-yet-sophisticated look that’s guaranteed to turn heads the second you step out onto the sand.
5. Jaded London Mesh Insert Crop Bikini Top ($57) + Bottom ($49): When you suit up for fun in the sun, a blasé LBB (little black bikini) is totally out of the question — blending in is just something you don’t do. As a confident Leo, vibrant color and unexpected silhouettes reign supreme in your wardrobe. Get ready, because this scene-stealing two-piece, with its neon panels and mesh inserts, is ready to take over as your official beach day bikini for summer 2016.
6. Flagpole Swim Maggie Top ($200) + Bottom ($220): Itsy-bitsy bikini? Nope, not today. You’re naturally drawn to more conservative or toned-down styles, but that doesn’t mean you have to channel grandma when you’re getting your beach babe on. This high-waisted bikini offers all the coverage you want, but doesn’t compromise on the bombshell vibes thanks to sassy cutouts and a sexy peek of midriff.
7. L*Space Lizzie Wrap Bikini Top ($88) + Emma Bikini Bottom ($73): You’re a bonafide girl boss through and through, and best believe you’ll be taking those precious vacay hours just as seriously as an important presentation. But it all starts with a jaw-dropping swimsuit. While you’re not afraid to try something new, you’re not one for the limelight either. This halter neck number strikes just the right balance of fashion-forward and refined, with a touch of effortlessness that feels right on par with your easy-going side. Let the good vibes flow with oversized round sunnies and a wide-brim straw hat.
8. Mikoh Kapa’a Bikini Top ($112) + Molokai Bikini Bottoms ($112): You’ve got it together, girl, so you deserve a suit that reflects your unparalleled drive and passion for everything you do. Sleek, streamlined and anything but boring, this modern black swimsuit will allow you to assert your sartorial dominance at every seaside stint and poolside soiree this summer. Team it with a glam kimono and strappy block heeled sandals for a beach-bound look that will straight-up slay.
9. Kiini Ro Bikini Top ($165) + Bottom ($120): You’re a total free spirit, but your style goes so far beyond boho. For your next exotic adventure or weekend getaway, take along this bright yellow bikini that combines runway-approved details with fabulous free-wheelin’ vibes. Stick with sleek accessories, like leather crossover slides and futuristic shades, for a getup that reads cool girl to the max.
10. Moeva Hayley Necklace Bikini ($280): While you’re often described as sensible and sophisticated, you’re also never one to follow the crowd. You do you, girl. In a sea of too-trendy swimsuits, you’ll stand out in this jaw-dropping halter style that serves up plenty of subtle sex appeal while still keeping things classy. The only thing missing? Gold cat-eye sunnies and strappy, streamlined slides.
11. Mara Hoffman Reversible Printed Cutout Bikini ($265): Understated isn’t even in your vocabulary, and your ideal swimsuit won’t look like anything else on the beach. This bright-and-bold bikini, with its playful cutouts, eye-catching prints and sassy straps, is guaranteed to send your shoreline style into overdrive. What’s not to love?
12. Araks Elsa Bikini Top Royal Splash ($215) + Emil High Waisted Hipster Royal Splash ($155): Embrace your creative side when searching for the perfect suit. The artsy print and minimalist silhouette of this stunning two-piece are in a league of their own, a far cry from the expected polka dots, floral prints and Breton stripes. We can’t stop staring. Pair it with bright flatform sandals and geometric studs for a look that will do you right whether you’re schmoozing by the pool or catching waves at your fave surfing spot.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.