The BLT sandwich is one of those meals that brings us a sense of comfort and nostalgia. When our parents were too tired to cook, a simple bacon-strewn sandwich slathered with mayo and piled high with lettuce and tomatoes would hit the spot. We’ve carried this habit into adulthood for good reason. But why stop at sandwiches? These 14 recipes do the BLT in ways we never knew as a child, and we need them now.
1. BLT Flatbread: If you love pizza and love BLT sandwiches, then you’re going to fall head over heels for this BLT flatbread loaded with burrata cheese, bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes. (via What’s Gaby Cooking)
2. BLT Chopped Salad: This chopped salad offers up the perfect bite-sized medley of greens, bacon, tomatoes, and feta with every single forkful. (via Well Plated by Erin)
3. Skillet BLT Chicken and Rice: Kick up your usual weeknight chicken and rice with bacon, spinach, and tomatoes; all it takes is one skillet and 25 minutes. (via The Cookie Rookie)
4. Pimento Cheese BLT: Stacked sky high, this ‘wich brings a Southern spin to the classic BLT with the addition of creamy pimento cheese, and heavens to Betsy, it’s amazing! (via Peas and Crayons)
5. Grilled Chicken, Avocado, and Ranch BLT Salad: Tender grilled chicken, creamy avocado, and a generous drizzle of homemade ranch dressing make this a heartier version of the original. (via The Girl on Bloor)
6. BLT Coleslaw: Bacon and tomatoes are tossed with cabbage to create a creamy coleslaw that is so much more than a humdrum side dish. To keep things somewhat nutritious, it’s made with Greek yogurt. (via Kiwi and Carrot)
7. Buffalo Chicken BLT: This recipe is mouth-watering proof that magic happens when you stuff saucy Buffalo chicken next to crispy bacon in a monster BLT. (via Dixie Chik Cooks)
8. BLT Bliss Bowls: Skip the bread and bring your fave ‘wich to a bowl with these tasty and filling bliss bowls filled with quinoa, greens, tomatoes, and bacon. (via Lovely Little Kitchen)
9. One-Skillet BLT Pasta: This 30-minute one-pan dish brings bacon, greens, and tomatoes to your pasta for a jazzed-up weeknight meal that feeds the family *and* gives you a break. (via Diethood)
10. BLT Naan Pizza: Crispy grilled naan bread is smothered with melty mozzarella, then topped with crispy bacon, grape tomatoes, and healthful greens for a light pizza that is worth making regularly. (via Sweet Cayenne)
11. BLT Tuna Tacos With Lime Aioli Drizzle: Tuna tacos topped with crispy bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and zesty lime aioli is exactly what your Taco Tuesdays need this summer. (via Wry Toast)
12. Grilled BLT Turkey Burgers: Bringing a juicy turkey burger to the BLT equation is a smart and delicious move, and this stacked recipe does a fab job at proving it. (via Averie Cooks)
13. Vegan “BLT” Sandwich: Eggplant “bacon” or coconut “bacon” fills the void in this plant-based ‘wich so that vegans can have their BLT — and eat it too! (via Minimalist Baker)
14. BLT Pasta Salad: Pasta salads are a *must* at every cookout, and this crowd-pleasing recipe puts a BLT twist on things in the BEST way. (via The Blond Cook)
For more summertime eats, follow us on Pinterest.