We’re all about using pasta in creative ways. Whether we’re making inventive pasta recipes or warming up our leftovers, we’re always experimenting with the many wonders of noodles. When you get together with the girls for a movie night or dinner party, pasta is probably a no-brainer — but what about brunch? Turns out, you can make PLENTY of drool-worthy brunch dishes with noodles. All you need is a little creativity! These 14 breakfast pastas are perfect for serving at your next girls’ brunch in.
1. Fontina Spinach Artichoke Breakfast Pasta: This veg-heavy breakfast is full of tons of flavor and nutrients. But don’t worry, carnivores, it’s also sprinkled with bacon. As a bonus, it’s also super easy to prepare ahead of time and then throw in the oven about 20 minutes before eating. (via Half Baked Harvest)
2. Bacon Tomato Basil Breakfast Pasta: This one-skillet pasta dish is convenient to make and also *super* fresh. You basically whip up the homemade tomato sauce while you’re cooking the bacon, add the pasta and then throw everything into your skillet. Crack the eggs on top, bake in the oven, and enjoy! (via The Kitchen Paper)
3. Brussels Sprouts, Bacon and Fried Egg Pasta: In case you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that fried eggs are being put on top of pretty much everything these days. One of our favorite combinations? Pasta and eggs. The fried egg atop this dish seriously takes it to the next level. (via Baker Bettie)
4. Sweet Noodle Kugel: Kugel is a traditional Jewish dish that’s often served as a casserole or dessert. But we say there’s absolutely no harm in eating it for breakfast. This sweet noodle casserole is made with cottage cheese, sugar, raisins, cinnamon and noodles. (via Collecting Memories)
5. Breakfast Mac and Cheese: There’s nothing inherently UN-breakfasty about mac and cheese: It’s a carb topped with cheese, after all! This dish takes it one step further, adding a decadent biscuit crumble on top. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
6. Spiralized Pasta With Egg and Asparagus: Okay, so this one isn’t TECHNICALLY a breakfast recipe, but we think it totally could be. It’s also light and healthy, made with spiralized zucchini and a touch of real linguine. Add asparagus and top with a poached egg, and you’ve got your new fave brunch dish. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
7. Hash Brown Breakfast Lasagna: This doesn’t actually contain any noodles, but HOLY CATS is it delish. This recipe is not for the faint of heart. It’s made with hash browns, two layers of gooey cheese, sausage, bacon and gravy. Let’s just say, you won’t be moving for a while after devouring this bad boy. (via Oh Bite It!)
8. Breakfast Pasta: This recipe is super simple to make, and boasts totally fresh ingredients that your crew is sure to love. Parmesan, garlic, olive oil and parsley top this delicious linguini dish, as do scrambled eggs. It’s kind of like a breakfast-y, pasta-based play on fried rice, when you think about it. (via Cherry on My Sundae)
10. Homemade Sausage Lasagna: This lasagna is another recipe that may not have been intended for brekky, but it totally fits the bill. This homemade lasagna calls for cream cheese and sausage — just use your favorite breakfast variety. (via A Spicy Perspective)
11. Breakfast Lasagna: This dish doesn’t actually contain any noodles at all, because it’s completely Paleo-friendly. That’s right, your carb-free gal pal can enjoy lasagna right along with the rest of you thanks to this sweet potato- and chorizo-based lasagna creation. (via PaleOMG)
12. Breakfast Pasta: It’s kind of like an omelette… only with pasta. Made with green peppers, eggs and potatoes, this classic breakfast pasta is sure to be a big hit. PRO TIP: Mix two egg whites into the mixture to keep things extra frothy and flavorful. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
13. BLT Carbonara: Bacon lovers, this one’s for you. This decadent recipe calls for not only bacon, but also eggs, heavy cream, Parmesan and white wine. We promise the wine cooks off completely — save the boozing for mimosas, DUH. (via Tide & Thyme)
14. Chinese Sausage Carbonara: Never had Chinese sausage before? You’re in for a treat. It’s similar in texture and taste to bacon, making it perfect for your basic brunch-time pasta needs. You can find it in the refrigerated section of most Asian grocery stores. (via i am a food blog)
Follow us on Pinterest for more brunch ideas and recipes!