When you’re following a Paleo diet, your breakfast choices might feel limited to just eggs and bacon. Frittatas, scrambled eggs and Paleo Benedict might be your go-tos, but it can all grow tired after a while. Luckily, there are plenty of Paleo-friendly foods that can be turned into your old breakfast favorites, like banana bread, muffins and even donuts! All it takes is a little imagination to whip up a delicious Paleo-friendly breakfast that doesn’t star eggs — and that’s what we’ve got here. Just be warned: these 13 recipes are so good, you might want to make one as breakfast for dinner too!
1. Simple Hemp Seed Porridge: Oats may be off limits when you’re eating Paleo, but a bowl of warm, comforting hot cereal still is possible. This recipe is made from the super-seed trifecta of hemp, flax and chia to create a porridge that is full of protein and fiber. Top with maple syrup and your favorite fruit for a complete breakfast. (via The Clean Dish)
2. (Paleo) Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: Spend a cold winter afternoon baking a loaf of this bread and don’t worry about breakfast for the rest of the week. This bread made from bananas, coconut flour and almonds is just begging to be eaten with a cup of hot coffee and a good book. (via The Iron You)
3. Cinnamon Apple Noodle Breakfast Bowl With Candied Nuts: Spiralizing isn’t just for dinner. Apples are just begging to be turned into noodles too! You can top your apple noodles with nuts, non-dairy yogurt and dried fruit for a complete breakfast. (via The Athletic Avocado)
4. Paleo Pear and Cranberry Muffins: Eating grain-free doesn’t mean living muffin-free! This recipe for grain-free muffins is naturally sweetened with ripe pears and honey. Use either fresh or dried cranberries for a tangy bit of crunch that is sure to please. (via Flavour and Savour)
5. Raspberry Chia Pudding: Chia pudding is a versatile option for breakfast when you can’t eat your go-to yogurt. Whisk together chia seeds, maple syrup, almond milk and raspberries overnight, then top with carob chips in the morning for a healthy breakfast that tastes like dessert. (via There’s a Cook in My Kitchen)
6. Buckwheat Granola: Buckwheat isn’t a wheat at all — it’s actually a seed! This granola is delightfully crunchy, with just the right amount of chewiness. Serve it over chia pudding, your favorite non-dairy yogurt or in a bowl with nut milk. It’s perfect for an on-the-go meal too. (via Win-Win Food)
7. Berry Cherry Green Detox Smoothie: Because fruits and veggies are the basis of the Paleo diet, smoothies are an awesome choice for breakfast. This recipe filled with bananas, spinach, berries and avocado is a sweet way to keep you full until lunch. (via WhittyPaleo)
8. Apple Brussels Sprouts Hash: If you’ve never craved Brussels sprouts for breakfast, this recipe will make you start. Sweet apple is paired with slightly browned Brussels sprouts, balsamic vinegar and chopped hazelnuts for a breakfast that’s great as leftovers the next day — if there’s any left! (via PancakeWarriors)
9. Pancake Sausage Bites: One way to ensure you eat breakfast every morning is to make it quick and easy. These pancake bites take everyone’s favorite breakfast on the go. This grain-free treat is made from coconut milk, almond flour and tapioca flour, then stuffed with breakfast sausage. Dip it into maple syrup and you’ve got breakfast in hand! (via Wicked Spatula)
10. Vanilla Bean Glazed Honey Cake Doughnuts: You might not be able to find a Paleo-friendly donut at your local coffee shop, but you can definitely make one at home. They’re made from a base of almond and tapioca flours and topped with a coconut butter glaze. (via GI 365)
11. Morning Butter Biscuits: Cookies might seem like they’re off-limits for Paleo diets and breakfasts alike, but this recipe will change your perception. These cookies are sweetened with honey and made from a cashew base for a cookie that won’t give you a sugar crash right after you eat it. (via Pure and Simple Nourishment)
12. Plantain Bacon Fritters: This recipe is almost too easy and only calls for two ingredients — plantains and bacon! Serve with ripe avocado for a healthy and savory breakfast or brunch. (via Paleo Running Momma)
13. Vegan Frittata: You might think a vegan frittata calls for tofu, but this recipe has another secret ingredient — chickpea flour! Mix it with almond milk and your favorite veggies for a savory and egg-free breakfast. (via Vegalicious)
Show us your Paleo breakfasts by tagging @BritandCo on Instagram with #IAmCreative!