16 Pumpkin Breads That Let You Eat Dessert for Breakfast
It seems like a lot of us are planning to spend this entire fall season eating pumpkin in ALL the things. We’re already salivating over various savory pumpkin recipes we want to tackle for dinner, and we’ve got a slew of pumpkin muffins on the agenda for dessert. Lunch is hardly a problem, since pumpkin soup is basically the best thing ever. But what about breakfast? Covered! We’ve got a delish collection of 16 indulgent and healthy pumpkin bread recipes that are perfect for your fall mornings. Dig in, and get ready to crumble.
1. Honey Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread: Get ready for your new fave fall breakfast dessert, because nothing would pair better with a pumpkin spiced latte than a fresh slice of this bread. Boasting true seasonal flavors, this bread combines pumpkin with hints of banana. (via Pumpkin ‘n Spice)
2. Brownie Batter Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Bread: We think this heavenly brownie pumpkin loaf might have fallen straight from heaven. Not ALL pumpkin goodies have to taste like pumpkin spice, and this super fudgy, rich and moist pumpkin bread proves it. (via The Gourmet RD)
3. Super Moist Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread: If you’re a fan of munchin’ on pumpkin seeds, you’ll want to bake this bread ASAP. This fragrant loaf is garnished with an abundance of crunchy pepitas but remains incredibly soft and fluffy. (via Dish by Dish)
4. Pumpkin Pull-Apart Loaf: This luscious pull-apart bread will make you fall apart. Imagine indulging in a slice of pumpkin pie for breakfast — except it’s fluffier and dreamier. Drenched in a cinnamon glaze, this loaf can be enjoyed as both a sweet brekky and a dessert. (via Crazy for Crust)
5. Sourdough Pumpkin Rolls: Finding the right words to describe these rolls is no easy feat. The best way to understand the soft crumb of this bread is to bake it and find out for yourself. Grab a hot cup of tea, a warm roll and some fresh butter or honey for pure autumnal bliss. (via My Daily Sourdough Bread)
6. Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread With Maple Cinnamon Cream Cheese: With the words “whole wheat” in the mix, we can totally consider this healthy, right? This drool-worthy bread is accompanied by a silky whipped maple cinnamon cream cheese. It makes for a great fall breakfast or a beautiful food gift. (via The Well Floured Kitchen)
7. Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread: When you can say the words “healthy” and “chocolate chip” in the same sentence, all seems right in the world. This dense and moist bread is the perfect afternoon (or midnight) snack to satisfy your sweet tooth. (via The Yooper Girl)
8. Carrot Pumpkin Bread: Two favorites become one in this carrot and pumpkin loaf. When skill and patience aren’t your strong points, this quick bread is perfect. There’s no yeast or endless kneading involved — just two bowls and an oven. (via Begin With Nutrition)
9. Moist Pumpkin Bread With Greens: Baked goods with a savory spin are undeniable in our books, and we’d love to spread our butter and honey on THIS in the morning. Packed with veggies, this bread is a great way to take in nutrients without even noticing; even kids will love it! (via Rolling Spoons)
10. Sourdough Pumpkin Pretzel Parker House Rolls: You’ll get right into the holiday spirit with these mouth-watering rolls. Sprinkled with salt and baked to a golden hue, these bad boys will impress everyone at the dinner table. We hope guests leave room for the actual meal, but there’s no guarantee. (via Gringalicious)
11. Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread: If you’re a fan of the rich flavor of molasses (and who wouldn’t be?), you need this bread in your life. Spiced with gingerbread-y goodness and slathered with a cinnamon glaze, this bread is perfect for holiday get-togethers — be it brunch *or* dessert. (via Dietitian Debbie Dishes)
12. Low Sugar Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread: Sugar isn’t for everyone, and we get that. If you still like to indulge, this lightly sweetened bread has your name on it. It’d make for a delish breakfast or anytime snack. (via Drop the Sugar)
13. Pumpkin Bread With Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pepitas: Pumpkin pie mix isn’t just for pies, my friends. This fabulous bread calls for pumpkin pie mix, and it’s kind of the best thing *ever.* You’ll love the added touch of sweet and crunchy pepitas. (via Not Starving Yet)
14. Pumpkin Bread: Food porn at its finest! This bread is studded with melty chocolate and butterscotch chips, then drizzled with a sweet sugary glaze. This recipe is flexible, so if you’re in more of a muffin mood, you could drop this batter into a muffin pan instead. You do you. (via Show Me the Yummy)
15. Whole Wheat Pumpkin Applesauce Bread: The next time you find yourself in a dessert dilemma and are stuck somewhere between “pumpkin spice bread” and “apple crumble,” ditch both of those ideas and bake this instead. (via Family Food on the Table)
16. Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bread: See the chocolate whirl and twirl as you slice through this fun and colorful pumpkin spiced bread. As if having big ribbons of chocolate throughout the batter wasn’t enough, this loaf is also covered in chocolate chips — because we can never have too many chocolate chips. (via Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt)
For more pumpkin-obsessed recipes, follow us on Pinterest.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)