21 Savory Pumpkin Recipes to Get You Pumped for Fall
We’re in full-on fall mode around here, and that means three things: pumpkin, pumpkin and, yes, more pumpkin! There’s no question that this squash reigns supreme this time of year, whether showcased in pies, a celebration of all things PSL or pumpkin-spiced sips. Our guess is you’re a lot like us — always on the lookout for more ways cook up this orange-hued beaut’ — so enjoy this collection of 21 savory pumpkin recipes to make for lunch, dinner or just ’cause.
1. One Pot Creamy Pumpkin Pasta: Toss everything but the goat cheese and garnish in a pot, bring to a boil, give it a few stirs and dinner is ready. Pasta with homemade sauce doesn’t get much easier than this! (via Kitchen Treaty)
2. Mathanga Erissery (Pumpkin Curry from Kerala): Tempered by roasted, fresh coconut, the warm flavors of chiles, cumin and mustard seed work wonderfully with pumpkin. Enjoy this simple, delicious curry over rice. (via Indugets Cooking)
4. Tomato Wraps With Pumpkin and Feta: Sautéed pumpkin, sun-dried tomatoes and a tangy cheese filling are folded into tortillas —tomato-flavored ones, preferably — to create a satisfying, meatless fall wrap. Pack ’em in your picnic basket when you go to the pumpkin patch or apple orchard! (via Angie’s Recipes)
7. Pumpkin Gnocchi With Sage Brown Butter + Feta: Knead up a big batch of these pumpkin dumplings and tuck them away in the freezer for a quick meal whenever you want. A dip in boiling water, a few tosses in herbed brown butter, a finishing touch of cheese and dinner is DONE. (via Reclaiming Provincial)
9. Warm Roast Pumpkin and Cashew Salad: Make this substantial salad with whatever kind of nuts you have on hand — pecans and almonds would be especially tasty additions. You’ll love the unexpected pop of flavor that comes courtesy of candied lime zest. (via A Fresh Legacy)
10. Pasta Rotolo: You literally turn lasagna on its side to make these pasta rolls. A single noodle is spread with pumpkin and topped with spinach and feta, then rolled up and stuffed in a baking dish. Repeat, add sauce and bake and finally — the best part — enjoy! (via Tilli + Ružmarin)
11. Pumpkin-Ancho Enchiladas With Pulled Pork: Fans of fiery foods will love these spicy enchiladas. Should you prefer, leftover rotisserie chicken or turkey are terrific swaps for shredded pork. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
12. Chipotle Bacon Pumpkin Deviled Eggs: Mmm, smokey and spicy chipotles play ever-so-nicely with pumpkin and a smattering of salty bacon in these upgraded deviled eggs. Serve them at your next party… or keep them all to yourself. We won’t tell. (via Peanut Butter and Peppers)
13. Honey Sesame Roasted Pumpkin Crostini: Peppery arugula and olive oil, along with a crumble of briny feta, are ideal flavor counterpoints to the sweet nuttiness of roasted pumpkin. These crisp-yet-silky toasts make a terrific appetizer or light meal. (via Erin Made This)
14. Caramelized Onion + Butternut Pumpkin Crostata: Tucked into a flaky pastry crust, you’ll find a spread of sticky caramelized onion relish layered beneath roasted squash. Serve with a simple, balsamic vinaigrette-dressed salad to create a wonderful meal. (via Delicious Everyday)
15. Ricotta, Kale and Roast Pumpkin Zucchini Lasagna: This genius gluten-free recipe employs a coupling of zucchini “noodles” and gluten-free elbows to create a veggie-packed lasagna that only tastes rich. (via The Krooked Spoon)
16. Savory Pumpkin-Cheddar Pancakes With Rosemary: We’re always on the lookout for more primo pancake recipes to add to our collection, and these definitely make the cut. Top a stack with a fried egg to add even more substance! (via An Edible Mosaic)
18. Pumpkin Chipotle Gougères: Enjoy these airy pumpkin puffs straight out of the oven. There’s no need to serve ’em up with anything, but they do make a terrific scoop for any number of dips. (via Leave a Happy Plate)
19. Chorizo, Zucchini, Roast Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Frittata: Loaded with sausage, veggies and cheese — plus eggs, of course — this frittata is equally full of fantastic, fall flavor. (via The Krooked Spoon)
20. Pumpkin Soup With Crispy Shallots: Crispy, sweet shallots are a beautiful contrast to this creamy pumpkin soup. Easily transform the recipe into a vegan-friendly dish by using vegetable broth and oil in lieu of chicken stock and ghee. (via A Calculated Whisk)
What other not-so-sweet ways do you like to prepare pumpkin? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)