In Need of Green? This Is the Trendiest Veggie RN
With the holidays quickly approaching, nutrient-packed broccoli rabe is exactly what you need to eat clean. If you’ve never experienced its bold flavor, it’s time — especially since it’s one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world. The benefits are cray cray: It helps with eyesight, prevents heart disease and strengthens bones. It’s ultra adaptable and delicious in basically any recipe you’re thinking of making. With broccoli rabe, there’s no reason to stress out over a New Year’s resolution. Instead, stay happy and healthy in a delicious way throughout all the festivities.
1. Broccoli Rabe With Coconut and Lentils: If you’ve never tried this nutritious veg before, why not spice it up at first? This dish calls for curry leaves, coconut milk and fresh ginger. (via Life Scoops)
3. Creamy Mushroom, Parmesan and Broccoli Rabe Soup: On those freezing nights when you want something that will make you forget about winter, curl up with a big bowl of soup paired with crusty bread. (via Italicana Kitchen)
4. Broccoli Rabe, Roasted Red Pepper and Provolone Grilled Cheese: There’s no need to feel guilty about this ultra delicious dish, because it’s just the nutrient kick you need. Pair with tomato soup for an elegant update on a childhood favorite. (via Baker by Nature)
7. Lentil and Broccoli Rabe With Turnip Spaghetti: For all the spiralizing fanatics out there, turnips need to be next on your list. The lentils guarantee you’ll stay full for hours after enjoying this healthy meal. (via Inspiralized)
8. Vegan Broccoli Rabe and Cashew Ricotta White Pizza: This pizza might be dairy free, but it’s still creamy and rich. Delight your vegan and an non-vegan dinner guests with this crowd-pleaser. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
9. Pumpkin Gnocchi with Broccoli Rabe and Smoked Ricotta: This dish is so beautiful, it’s all but mandatory to ‘gram it before you take a bite. (via Eats Well With Others)
10. Roasted Broccoli Rabe, Sweet Potato and Ricotta Crostini: These make the perfect quick app when friends are coming over for a dinner party to die for. (via Food52)
11. Grilled Vegetable Quesadillas With Avocado Yogurt Sauce: When you’re over making the same old ‘dilla, these inventive sweet and smokey ones will save the day. The avocado yogurt sauce makes ’em really special. (via Because Food Is Life)
12. Summer Veggies With Mint Pesto: This beyond beautiful dish will let you make believe it’s always summer. Prepare to impress your friends and family all holiday season with this colorful dish. (via PDX Food Love)
18. Torcetti With Broccoli Rabe Pesto: If you’ve tried pine nut pesto (the classic) or whipped up a batch of kale pesto, this has to be your next culinary adventure. And the green veggie paired with red pepper flakes make it a Christmas dish! (via Domesticate Me)
Have you ever cooked with broccoli rabe? Share your favorite recipes in the comments!