14 Bold Broccoli Recipes to Make for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Cauliflower’s more colorful cousin, broccoli, is the star of these 14 fantastic recipes. We love that all of them use the florets, stems or leaves — or a little bit of everything — which means that you’ll get the most out of each and every bunch. Less food waste and more bang for your grocery buck is always a good thing in our book. Enjoy!
3. Ginger Chicken Meatballs With Chinese Broccoli: Plenty of green onions, ginger and garlic makes you forget that these meatballs are made with lean chicken in lieu of a more flavorful cut. (via Bon Appétit)
6. Orecchiette With Sausage, Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Add this easy, one-pot, 30-minute meal to your winter weeknight recipe rotation. The pasta-to-sausage to broccoli ratio is so well-balanced! (via Relishing It)
8. Chicken and Broccoli Rabe Stromboli: Stuffed inside these crispy rolls of homemade Italian bread dough is a hearty combo of chicken, cheese and broccoli. There’s so much good stuff going on that a side of sauce is totally optional. (via Saveur)
9. Broccoli Potato Bacon Hash: Don’t toss those broccoli stems, put them to use in this tasty hash! They cook up to crisp-tender perfection, a wonderful contrast to the creamy potatoes and chewy bacon. (via Steamy Kitchen)
10. Broccoli-Cheddar Soup With Garlic Brown Butter Croutons: If you enjoy Panera’s broccoli-cheddar soup, you have to try this homemade version. Beware, the brown butter croutons are irresistible — there’s a very real chance that they’ll get eaten before they end up on top of your soup! (via Yes to Yolks)
12. Easy Kale + Broccoli Slaw Rice Bowl: Oh yeah, this healthy rice bowl has it going on. Boost the protein content by topping it with tofu, chicken or shrimp — but trust that it makes a hearty enough meal without. (via Nutritionist in the Kitchen)
Steamed, sautéed, roasted… what’s your favorite way to prepare broccoli? Let’s chat it up in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)