14 Bold Broccoli Recipes to Make for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Cauliflower’s more colorful cousin, broccoli, is the star of these 14 fantastic recipes. We love that all of them use the florets, stems or leaves — or a little bit of everything — which means that you’ll get the most out of each and every bunch. Less food waste and more bang for your grocery buck is always a good thing in our book. Enjoy!
3. Ginger Chicken Meatballs With Chinese Broccoli: Plenty of green onions, ginger and garlic makes you forget that these meatballs are made with lean chicken in lieu of a more flavorful cut. (via Bon Appétit)
6. Orecchiette With Sausage, Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Add this easy, one-pot, 30-minute meal to your winter weeknight recipe rotation. The pasta-to-sausage to broccoli ratio is so well-balanced! (via Relishing It)
8. Chicken and Broccoli Rabe Stromboli: Stuffed inside these crispy rolls of homemade Italian bread dough is a hearty combo of chicken, cheese and broccoli. There’s so much good stuff going on that a side of sauce is totally optional. (via Saveur)
9. Broccoli Potato Bacon Hash: Don’t toss those broccoli stems, put them to use in this tasty hash! They cook up to crisp-tender perfection, a wonderful contrast to the creamy potatoes and chewy bacon. (via Steamy Kitchen)
10. Broccoli-Cheddar Soup With Garlic Brown Butter Croutons: If you enjoy Panera’s broccoli-cheddar soup, you have to try this homemade version. Beware, the brown butter croutons are irresistible — there’s a very real chance that they’ll get eaten before they end up on top of your soup! (via Yes to Yolks)
12. Easy Kale + Broccoli Slaw Rice Bowl: Oh yeah, this healthy rice bowl has it going on. Boost the protein content by topping it with tofu, chicken or shrimp — but trust that it makes a hearty enough meal without. (via Nutritionist in the Kitchen)
Steamed, sautéed, roasted… what’s your favorite way to prepare broccoli? Let’s chat it up in the comments!