Building IKEA Furniture With Bae Could Spell Disaster for Your Relationship
From cozy indoor date nights to workouts with your boo, spending time with your significant other can be magical this time of year. But according to lazy-gal-lifesaver app TaskRabbit, there’s one thing you shouldn’t do with your S.O. this winter: Assemble IKEA furniture. The folks at TaskRabbit tapped some of their top furniture assemblers to rank popular IKEA pieces based on how long they take to put together and how much of a strain the assembly process could put on your relationship.
IKEA Products Where Building With Bae Could End in a Breakup
Save yourself the heartbreak and check out this list before you do any new furniture shopping.
TaskRabbit Requests Where Building IKEA Furniture Went Terribly Wrong
TaskRabbit also compiled a list of some of their customers’ funniest pleas for help building IKEA furniture and kindly shared the hilarity with us.
1. A Waaay Too Confident Fella: “I thought I was smart enough to assemble IKEA furniture — wrong. I thought my husband was smart enough. Double wrong,” writes one anonymous client. “Need help putting together a twin daybed and some shelves before our family comes to visit for the holidays in two weeks.” Here’s hoping the in-laws didn’t have to sleep on the couch!
2. A Not-So-Trusting Wifey: “My husband is out of town on a golfing trip until Sunday and I’d like to get two IKEA Stuva wardrobes for my sons assembled before he gets back,” says a practical TaskRabbit client. “He thinks he can handle IKEA furniture, but I’d prefer these done right!”
3. The Lost Weekend: “I bought an IKEA Pax Wardrobe last week and wasted an entire weekend trying to assemble it,” writes a TaskRabbit user. “Have all the tools, just need more hands.”
4. The Case of the Wobbly Bed: “I have an IKEA Brimnes bed that keeps breaking when I sleep on it,” explains another request. “Clearly I messed something up during assembly. The wooden slats keep falling and the mattress hits the floor every single night. Can someone come disassemble and assemble?”
5. A Desperate Cry for Help: “We desperately need some help assembling IKEA Hemnes Sideboard ASAP.” Desperate and ASAP? Someone help this lady!
Have you fought with your S.O. over a particularly tricky IKEA project? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)