25 Creative Things to Do With a Terracotta Pot
When it comes to floral arrangements, we’re all for thinking outside the pot (and the flower, for that matter), but sometimes you just have to bring it back to the classics. That’s where these next-level terra cotta pots come in. Throw on some Sinatra, kick back and prepare to spend all your free time painting, Mod Podge-ing and applying fabric until you’ve recreated every one of these clay beauties (or finished your Netflix queue).
1. Gold Triangles: Even if geometry was never your thing, we know you can’t say no to these geometric beauties! (via Brit + Co)
2. Dip Dye: Soft pastel colors plus a hint of ombre make these dip-dyed pots the perfect blend of trendy and simple.
3. Marbled: The best thing about this DIY marbling technique is getting your hands dirty.
4. Gold Chevron: You’ve probably got the chevron technique down by now, but it never hurts to give it that extra gold oomph.
5. Pastel Color Block: More color blocking, but this time with muted, warm tones. Is it weird to call a flower pot cozy? (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Gold Foil Lettering: We love the idea of customizing your flower pots with your own thoughts, quotes and mantras. Plus, you can never go wrong with glitter.
7. Wave Color Block: This gorgeous design has us dreaming of the ocean. All you need for this one are cool shades of blue and thick rubber bands.
8. White Color Block: For this totally chic look, just paint the upper half of the pots white and let the clay do its own thing on the bottom. We love the uneven, hand-painted aspect, but if you don’t, you know where the painter’s tape is!
9. Pink Glitter: If you’d rather make a glitzy statement, go for an all-over pink glitter pot. Then pair it with some old-school books for a photo-worthy juxtaposition.
11. Gold Patterned: Let the negative space do the talking with these fab gold creations.
12. Pink and Copper: Switch up your metals to create this lovely copper and pink pot.
13. Modern Gold: Holy terra cotta! These statement-making pots have varied designs with a common gold theme to tie them together perfectly.
14. Copper Leaf: Now we just have to get our hands on a moon cactus (or perhaps the pillow version)… !
16. Colorful Macrame: Or you could just stick with a plain white pot and an ultra-colorful hanger.
17. Purple Lace: Combine gold leaf and lace-lined techniques for a ridiculously beautiful succulent garden.
18. Floral Flower Pots: Use any fabric you can get ahold of to completely customize your pots. We love this flower-on-flower action — it’s like a Canadian tuxedo for plants!
19. Polished Pot: Do you have a drawer full of nail polish you’ve had since the last time chokers were in? Here’s the perfect DIY to clear them out while creating super cool pots.
20. White Lace: You really can’t go wrong with white lace and succulents. (via A Beautiful Mess)
21. Neon Color Block: If it isn’t neon, then it shouldn’t be on… these pots!
22. Abstract: Go ahead and get artsy with yo’ bad self. These abstract black-and-white designs have us feelin’ totally introspective.
23. Geometric: Keep it cute and simple with this black-and-white triangular pattern.
24. Ikat: Or, get a little more intricate with these crazy-cool ikat-patterned pots.
25. Pink Polka Dots: Why not spruce up your plain-white pots with bright pink dot sticker? #Genius (via Sarah Hearts)
Ready to go buy ALL the terra cotta pots? Which one of these beauties would you like to display in your home? Tell us @BritandCo!