13 Pretty Braids to Rock on Your Next Camping Trip
There’s nothing like the great outdoors — the trees, the s’mores and those flawless camping braids. Wait, what? Okay, so maybe we usually associate our camping ‘do with unwashed, smokey-smelling strands, but it’s time to change all that. This summer, forget the dry shampoo, get a little creative and embrace the second-day hairstyle trend. These pretty camping braids prove that just ’cause you’re roughing it doesn’t mean you have to look so… well, rough. From elegant braids for a glamping weekend to boho plaits that bring on those festival vibes, scroll through these 13 braided styles and find your next flawless look for all your summer camping trips.
1. Braided Topknot: While your typical topknot is always a go-to style for dressed-down weekends, kick things up a notch by adding Dutch braids to the lazy-day ‘do. Did we mention this is the *perfect* way to cover up second-day hair?
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Kirsten Zellers (@kirstenzellers) on
2. Bandana Braids: In case you haven’t heard: Bandanas are back, people! And just in time for camping season. Cover up those dirty locks by braiding your hair into chunky pigtails, then add a large bandana to cover up your not-so-fresh roots.
3. Boxer Braids: Roll up to your campsite on-trend sporting these spunky boxer braids. Though this look has been around since the dawn of hair, there’s no denying that boxer braids are having a major moment.
4. Braided Pony: Whether you’re roughing it with your honey or attending your BFF’s glamp-style wedding, give your rustic braid a romantic appeal with this feminine side pony. Pulling the strands apart is key for giving this ethereal braid a laid-back vibe. (via Brit + Co)
5. Festival Braids: Still in that festival state of mind? Bring on the bohemian charm with messy Dutch braids paired with effortlessly tousled waves.
6. Braided Ponytail: While a girls’ weekend in Vegas is fun and all, you’re more into a chill camp weekend. Give off those cool-girl vibes with this braided high pony style, done in two minutes flat.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by KRISTIN ESS HAIR • FOUNDER (@kristin_ess) on
7. Dutch Braid Part: Channel an unexpected look on your next woodland excursion with this modern braided part. Simply add a small dutch braid down the middle and tie it into a basic low pony to keep those low-key camping vibes alive.
8. Figure-8 Braid: Glamping with the gals this summer? Elevate your camping braid with this clean and classy figure-eight hack. Think of this as the dressed-down version of your usual fishtail braid. (via Brit + Co)
9. Side Braids: Just because you’re camping doesn’t mean you have to abandon your glam-rock sensibilities. Incorporate tiny Dutch braids in your deep-parted ‘do to give your campsite style that bit of edge you’re after.
View this post on Instagram
Six Flags was so fun yesterday! Of course, I had to braid @ruthelizabeth19's hair!🙌🏼🎉// @sixflagsmagicmountain #hairposts #hair #sixflags @instibraid @instagram #instibraid #braids #dutchbraids #instagram #instahair #instalike #rollercoasters @braidsforgirls
A post shared by BLONDES/BRAIDS/EXTENSIONS (@christinagunnell) on
10. Knotted Boxer Braid: While we love a good boxer braid, they’re not always the best for hardcore camping — you’re gonna need a style that won’t get in your way during an active trip. Keep your hair flawless and functional by knotting the ends of your on-trend braid for a no-fuss yet still fashionable style.
11. Fishtail Wrap Braid: Rock a look that’s sweet as s’mores with a romantic fishtail braid. Start this pretty plait at the crown of your head and subtly wrap it into an elegant side pony for an elevated outdoor style.
13. Messy Pigtail Braids: These aren’t your typical schoolgirl pigtails. Keep your hair out of your face and let your hair’s natural volume do its thing for a soft and easy woodland look.
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)