19 DIYs That Will Take Your Camping Trip to the Next Level
We are are huge summer lovers over here at Brit HQ (then again, we’d love to meet someone who does not love summer). There’s no better time of year to throw your things in a bucket bag, pack up your car and head out of town for a little Instagrammable outdoorsy time. Of course, when you DIY your whole camping experience, it only gets that much better (and picturesque). So try rolling up your sleeves, grabbing some paint and start crafting your very own beautiful camping experience using these wonderful DIYs.
2. Basket Backpack Hack: Forget lugging all your camping goodies around on your arm or in a plastic bag. This quick hack turns any standard basket into a backpack fit to carry any and all of your grub. (via Brit + Co)
3. Portable Cornhole Set: While you might not want to lug this around when you’re hiking through the forest, this cornhole set is perfect for car camping and will keep the kids (and adults!) entertained all weekend long. (via Brit + Co)
5. Homemade Sunscreen: Made with coconut and almond oils, shea butter, beeswax, zinc and carrot seed oil, this DIY sunscreen is so wonderful it’s nearly impossible to leave off your skin. (via Live Simply)
8. S’mores Kit: Get your s’mores situation in tip-top shape by putting together a kit before you even leave home. If you’re feeling extra thoughtful, make a mini kit for each friend coming along on the trip. (via Creature Comforts)
13. DIY Lanterns: No campfire would be complete without a little mood lighting. These beautifully painted, awesomely recycled aluminum cans will brighten up your night under the stars. (via Grow Creative)
14. DIY Sunburn Relief: If you got caught up in a good book and ended up a little toastier for it, never fear! Homemade relief is here in the form of this aloe-vera-juice-based topical treatment. (via Sarah Titus)
15. Homemade Nutella: No camping trip is ever complete without a few delicious indulgences. Drizzled on s’mores, spread on graham crackers or eaten right out the jar, this homemade Nutella isn’t just tasty, it’s made from scratch. This means it’s slightly better for you than the store-bought kind… right? (via Recipe Girl)
Where are you camping this summer? Tell us (pretty please!) in the comments below.