21 Pieces of Furniture Made From Cardboard (Yes, Seriously!)
If you’re a frequent reader of Brit + Co, then you know that we’ve been writing and making like crazy over the last couple months, all to create our very first book. Naturally, part of this process involved us finding the perfect interiors to shoot to bring our dream home to life. To find these locations, we teamed up with Airbnb to highlight two gorgeous San Francisco homes throughout the book.
While on location, we definitely took note of the interior design and personality of each place. In fact, that’s one of our favorite reasons to use Airbnb. At every place you stay, you’re able to immerse yourself in the life of the host — by quite literally seeing the view from their window. As part of Airbnb’s Views campaign, this series is all about changing your perspective while you travel.
Guess what the little table in the photo you see below was made out of? Cardboard. For real. So we’ve taken it upon ourselves to turn this interior inspiration into something you can do at home!
We stumbled upon this sweet scene at this home in Presidio Heights, and totally fell in love with the quirkiness of this cardboard piece. Here are 21 ways to bring the artful cardboard aesthetic into your home!
1. Cardboard Stool ($75): This little stool is surprisingly sturdy, considering you can probably make it out of just a few of those Amazon boxes you’ve got laying around.
2. The Coop ($312): This statement piece has hipster written all over it, and you could easily deck it out with drawings.
3. Hanging Out ($195): City dwellers this one is for you. More closet space is always a must!
5. Little Racer ($50): This piece is a perfect DIY for your little Nascar racer. Assemble the race car and let your little one add all sorts of custom touches to make it uniquely theirs.
ArtemisiaWho knew cardboard could look so chic? This is a must for the Brit + Co. office. Might need to add this to the to-make list… ;) (via Kubedesign)
ClorindaPart art, part chair, we’re digging the rich red accents on this chair-iffic piece. (via Kubedesign)
SpartakusAre we obsessed with this pattern? YES! Plus this corrugated cardboard sofa has extremely clean lines — we’re lovin’ it! (via Kubedesign)
15. F Bed Set ($2,340): If you’re shelling over these kind of bucks for a cardboard bed, it might be time to go for actual wood. But… this definitely made us look.
16. The Paperpedic Bed ($269): We’re kind of in love with those little cardboard cube shelves that create the headboard for this crazy piece.
RokkoLove the funky vintage lines of this side table. It would also make a great nightstand. (via Kubedesign)
18. Cardboard Coffee Table ($699): This combination of wood, glass and cardboard is design-forward, and we’re into it.
PennikaI would definitely be nervous to rock around on this rocker, but love the white edging. (via Kubedesign)
21. S-Cube ($400): The kid in this photo is definitely questioning whether he can play on these cubes or not ;)