21 Pieces of Furniture Made From Cardboard (Yes, Seriously!)
If you’re a frequent reader of Brit + Co, then you know that we’ve been writing and making like crazy over the last couple months, all to create our very first book. Naturally, part of this process involved us finding the perfect interiors to shoot to bring our dream home to life. To find these locations, we teamed up with Airbnb to highlight two gorgeous San Francisco homes throughout the book.
While on location, we definitely took note of the interior design and personality of each place. In fact, that’s one of our favorite reasons to use Airbnb. At every place you stay, you’re able to immerse yourself in the life of the host — by quite literally seeing the view from their window. As part of Airbnb’s Views campaign, this series is all about changing your perspective while you travel.
Guess what the little table in the photo you see below was made out of? Cardboard. For real. So we’ve taken it upon ourselves to turn this interior inspiration into something you can do at home!
We stumbled upon this sweet scene at this home in Presidio Heights, and totally fell in love with the quirkiness of this cardboard piece. Here are 21 ways to bring the artful cardboard aesthetic into your home!
1. Cardboard Stool ($75): This little stool is surprisingly sturdy, considering you can probably make it out of just a few of those Amazon boxes you’ve got laying around.
2. The Coop ($312): This statement piece has hipster written all over it, and you could easily deck it out with drawings.
3. Hanging Out ($195): City dwellers this one is for you. More closet space is always a must!
5. Little Racer ($50): This piece is a perfect DIY for your little Nascar racer. Assemble the race car and let your little one add all sorts of custom touches to make it uniquely theirs.
8. Cartoooni Kids Furniture: Have you heard? Brit + Co. now has a kids section ;) These geometric cardboard pieces are topped with fun felt colors and would dress up any mini den. (via Andrea Burgnera)
9. Small Kenno Cardboard Chair: White furniture + kids = OH NO! Don’t fret with these chairs, made especially for kids. Let them be their own interior designer by creating patterns with fun washable markers. (via Rafa Kids)
12. Triangular Wall Caddy: Now here’s one you can make in under an hour. Simply cut a bunch of triangles out of cardboard, spray paint ’em in colors you like and glue them all together. Boom. (via Brit + Co)
15. F Bed Set ($2,340): If you’re shelling over these kind of bucks for a cardboard bed, it might be time to go for actual wood. But… this definitely made us look.
16. The Paperpedic Bed ($269): We’re kind of in love with those little cardboard cube shelves that create the headboard for this crazy piece.
18. Cardboard Coffee Table ($699): This combination of wood, glass and cardboard is design-forward, and we’re into it.
21. S-Cube ($400): The kid in this photo is definitely questioning whether he can play on these cubes or not ;)
Have you seen any cool cardboard pieces? Have any in your home? What other quirky pieces do you have in your home to make it uniquely you? Talk to us in the comments below.
This post is a collaboration with Airbnb. Book a room with Airbnb and get a unique view of the world.