14 Haute AF Celebrity Hairstyles to Feast Your Eyes on Post-Thanksgiving
So you made it through Friendsgiving 2016. Now what? Oh, there’s only the rest of the holiday season to contend with. Other than your feast-friendly Thanksgiving outfits and fabulous holiday shoes keeping your style on fleek, what steps have you taken to keep your hair looking coiffed ‘n’ fabulous for the holiday photos to come? Don’t panic — luckily, some of our fave celeb trendsetters are tackling the same style conundrums this week, giving us the ultimate in holiday hair inspo (thanks, AMAs!). Take a peek at these 14 Instagrams of celebrity hair from the past week for a bit of hairspiration to tide you over until December is in full swing.
1. Ciara: Wow. Ciara starts us off strong with a Brigitte Bardot-inspired high pony featuring long, feathery, face-framing layers. She’s the very picture of class in her black turtleneck and minimalist makeup that lets her pregnancy glow shine.
2. Rita Ora: DA-YUM! We’re freaking out over this look of Rita Ora’s — she has never looked more luminous than with these side-parted waves in her glamorous medium-length down ‘do. She’s even got the bronde highlights to complement her flawless complexion, paired with a nude lip and smokey eye makeup for a look that is dripping in gorgeousness.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Alexa (@alexachung) on
3. Alexa Chung: Alright, we’ll admit it — there’s never a look of Alexa’s that we don’t absolutely love. Here she’s wearing her signature shag in a messy-turned-glam lob. Feel free to revel in her amazingness for a moment before moving along; she is the Queen of Cool (and our personal style icon for life), after all.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Jourdan Dunn (@jourdandunn) on
4. Jourdan Dunn: Jourdan Dunn is back on our radar this week, and this time it’s for her serious LBD game and those way-long, ultra-smooth, shiny AF tresses parted straight down the middle. This It girl is a serious beauty who just owned the sleek-strand trend, in spite of all the formidable Hollywood competition. Brava, Jourdan!
5. Lucy Hale: And then there’s the epitome of girl-next-door charm, Lucy Hale, bringing us her own take on next-level girly hair (that’s perfect for NYE, BTW) as she rocked star gems along her center part. Pairing the hair bling with a shimmery sequined dress and an on-trend low pony, she’s a hot little number with some serious style game.
6. Shay Mitchell: While we’re on the topic of the PLL cast, here’s another one to watch who has some of the hottest hair in Hollywood. Shay’s gone full ’80s on us with her crimped locks and a deep side part. PS: Guess whose recent photo shoot she’s recreating in this cute snap?
7. Zendaya: Okay, we’ll tell you — it’s Zendaya! And here she is wearing one of the season’s hottest colors, blush (AKA the Pantone-approved shade of Rose Quartz). Queen Z embraces the natural trend with her unstyled curls swept back and to the side in a shot that inspired Shay’s copycat move. Guess we know who Shay turns to for inspo.
8. Nina Dobrev: Nina stopped for a selfie with bestie Julianne Hough and gal pal Taraji Henson, and totally stole the spotlight. Partial cornrows have officially become the glamour gal’s alternative to the shaved hipster undercut, and Nina took it a step further by adding some sparkle and spunk to the festive ‘do.
9. Bella Thorne: Our jaws just dropped ’cause Bella Thorne just reinvented “holiday hair,” shattering everything we thought we knew about festive strands. She’s not just ready to party — she is the party, giving us a healthy dose of sass courtesy of her red-and-green Christmas-inspired ‘do with sparkles along the part.
10. Heidi Klum: We can all learn an important beauty lesson from the master herself, Heidi Klum: When rocking an OTT metallic dress, keep things simple and classic with understated hair. Her sleek long ponytail and her natural golden locks own the spotlight.
11. Nicole Richie: Selfie time! Nicole did us a solid and snapped a selfie while in the midst of getting her mane tamed, curled and styled into a look of golden perfection. Her classic curls and a deep side part look luxe AF with that gold dress and minimalist drop earrings. We’d snap a selfie too!
12. Teyana Taylor: Um, where has Teyana been all our hair-loving lives? She reached for the scissors and opted for a daring little bob in the wet-look style we’ve seen so much of this year. Truth be told? She killed it — this may be the best slicked-back style we’ve seen yet. This formal look is impossibly chic and totally trendy, just like Teyana herself.
View this post on Instagram
#MyLittlePony 💋💋💋 #Repost @tymwallacehair ・・・ It's all in the detail and texture... @sheamoisture4u for these goodies and @trueindianhair for these 36 inches @ashuntasheriff @jasonbolden #tossedbytym #amas2016 #tarajiphenson
A post shared by taraji p henson (@tarajiphenson) on
13. Taraji Henson: We’ve seen a ton of hair extremes this season, from ultra-long to uber short and everything in between, which is why we love the impossibly long locks Taraji sported this week. She dubbed her red carpet mane “My Little Pony,” which makes us love her even more.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Jaime King (@jaime_king) on
14. Jaime King: We’re obsessed with Jaime because of her fashion savvy and all-around haute-ness. While in hair and makeup prep, she gave us a peek at this up-to-there bouffant (and her gorgeous natural beauty) in this pre-makeup photo op.
Which of these looks at celebrity hair was your favorite? Let us know on Pinterest!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.