14 Haute AF Celebrity Hairstyles to Feast Your Eyes on Post-Thanksgiving
So you made it through Friendsgiving 2016. Now what? Oh, there’s only the rest of the holiday season to contend with. Other than your feast-friendly Thanksgiving outfits and fabulous holiday shoes keeping your style on fleek, what steps have you taken to keep your hair looking coiffed ‘n’ fabulous for the holiday photos to come? Don’t panic — luckily, some of our fave celeb trendsetters are tackling the same style conundrums this week, giving us the ultimate in holiday hair inspo (thanks, AMAs!). Take a peek at these 14 Instagrams of celebrity hair from the past week for a bit of hairspiration to tide you over until December is in full swing.
1. Ciara: Wow. Ciara starts us off strong with a Brigitte Bardot-inspired high pony featuring long, feathery, face-framing layers. She’s the very picture of class in her black turtleneck and minimalist makeup that lets her pregnancy glow shine.
2. Rita Ora: DA-YUM! We’re freaking out over this look of Rita Ora’s — she has never looked more luminous than with these side-parted waves in her glamorous medium-length down ‘do. She’s even got the bronde highlights to complement her flawless complexion, paired with a nude lip and smokey eye makeup for a look that is dripping in gorgeousness.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Alexa (@alexachung) on
3. Alexa Chung: Alright, we’ll admit it — there’s never a look of Alexa’s that we don’t absolutely love. Here she’s wearing her signature shag in a messy-turned-glam lob. Feel free to revel in her amazingness for a moment before moving along; she is the Queen of Cool (and our personal style icon for life), after all.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Jourdan Dunn (@jourdandunn) on
4. Jourdan Dunn: Jourdan Dunn is back on our radar this week, and this time it’s for her serious LBD game and those way-long, ultra-smooth, shiny AF tresses parted straight down the middle. This It girl is a serious beauty who just owned the sleek-strand trend, in spite of all the formidable Hollywood competition. Brava, Jourdan!
5. Lucy Hale: And then there’s the epitome of girl-next-door charm, Lucy Hale, bringing us her own take on next-level girly hair (that’s perfect for NYE, BTW) as she rocked star gems along her center part. Pairing the hair bling with a shimmery sequined dress and an on-trend low pony, she’s a hot little number with some serious style game.
6. Shay Mitchell: While we’re on the topic of the PLL cast, here’s another one to watch who has some of the hottest hair in Hollywood. Shay’s gone full ’80s on us with her crimped locks and a deep side part. PS: Guess whose recent photo shoot she’s recreating in this cute snap?
7. Zendaya: Okay, we’ll tell you — it’s Zendaya! And here she is wearing one of the season’s hottest colors, blush (AKA the Pantone-approved shade of Rose Quartz). Queen Z embraces the natural trend with her unstyled curls swept back and to the side in a shot that inspired Shay’s copycat move. Guess we know who Shay turns to for inspo.
8. Nina Dobrev: Nina stopped for a selfie with bestie Julianne Hough and gal pal Taraji Henson, and totally stole the spotlight. Partial cornrows have officially become the glamour gal’s alternative to the shaved hipster undercut, and Nina took it a step further by adding some sparkle and spunk to the festive ‘do.
9. Bella Thorne: Our jaws just dropped ’cause Bella Thorne just reinvented “holiday hair,” shattering everything we thought we knew about festive strands. She’s not just ready to party — she is the party, giving us a healthy dose of sass courtesy of her red-and-green Christmas-inspired ‘do with sparkles along the part.
10. Heidi Klum: We can all learn an important beauty lesson from the master herself, Heidi Klum: When rocking an OTT metallic dress, keep things simple and classic with understated hair. Her sleek long ponytail and her natural golden locks own the spotlight.
11. Nicole Richie: Selfie time! Nicole did us a solid and snapped a selfie while in the midst of getting her mane tamed, curled and styled into a look of golden perfection. Her classic curls and a deep side part look luxe AF with that gold dress and minimalist drop earrings. We’d snap a selfie too!
12. Teyana Taylor: Um, where has Teyana been all our hair-loving lives? She reached for the scissors and opted for a daring little bob in the wet-look style we’ve seen so much of this year. Truth be told? She killed it — this may be the best slicked-back style we’ve seen yet. This formal look is impossibly chic and totally trendy, just like Teyana herself.
View this post on Instagram
#MyLittlePony 💋💋💋 #Repost @tymwallacehair ・・・ It's all in the detail and texture... @sheamoisture4u for these goodies and @trueindianhair for these 36 inches @ashuntasheriff @jasonbolden #tossedbytym #amas2016 #tarajiphenson
A post shared by taraji p henson (@tarajiphenson) on
13. Taraji Henson: We’ve seen a ton of hair extremes this season, from ultra-long to uber short and everything in between, which is why we love the impossibly long locks Taraji sported this week. She dubbed her red carpet mane “My Little Pony,” which makes us love her even more.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Jaime King (@jaime_king) on
14. Jaime King: We’re obsessed with Jaime because of her fashion savvy and all-around haute-ness. While in hair and makeup prep, she gave us a peek at this up-to-there bouffant (and her gorgeous natural beauty) in this pre-makeup photo op.
Which of these looks at celebrity hair was your favorite? Let us know on Pinterest!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.