The 10 Best Celebrity Hairstyles on Instagram This Week
From Drake lovin’ on Rihanna (OMG!) to Kanye being Kanye to Beyoncé’s epic performance, 2016’s VMAs didn’t disappoint. The VMAs hit us with some stellar water cooler topics, but the awards show truly came through on some next-level hair. No need to call Becky with the good hair. On and off the red carpet, we’ve got you covered with the hottest celeb hairstyles on Instagram this week.
1. Rita Ora: Rita Ora’s Tonight Show appearance look reminds us a lot of a mix between an Old Hollywood style and beachy waves — either way, we dig it. While everyone seems to be donning a middle part, Rita is switching it up with a deep side. To get the look, pin back one side of your hair for instant glam.
2. Dinah Jane: Fifth Harmony member Dinah slayed on the VMA red carpet while debuting a new look. She took us all by surprise when she showed up sporting thick, blunt bangs and a blonder color. If blunt cuts are back in style, we won’t fight it.
3. Camila Cabello: The Fifth Harmony singer wore one of our favorite red carpet looks of the moment: the long ponytail. Instead of opting for the slicked-back look, she set hers apart by leaving her middle-parted bangs out and on display.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Holland Roden (@hollandroden) on
4. Holland Roden: It’s all in the details. Actress Holland Roden turned the glam up a notch on her all-white outfit by adding gold glitter to the roots of her slicked-down middle part. Now that’s thinking outside the box.
5. Kim Kardashian: Kim K’s “wet beachy glam” look was everything. We love that she went for something less polished than usual and still managed to look like she was attending an awards show. This is a look we need to try.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Simone Biles (@simonebiles) on
6. Simone Biles: The Final Five member has stolen our hearts with her major gymnastic skills, bubbly personality and Zac Efron crush (#Zimone). Her relaxed, wavy ‘do is a perfect everyday look that can easily be transformed for a more dressy occasion.
7. Nicki Minaj: Every time Nicki and Ariana collaborate, magic happens. Don’t lie — we know you loved “Bang Bang.” While promoting their new song “Side to Side,” Ms. Minaj took to Instagram to post a snap with some pink tips. For those who want to try a bold color but are too afraid, follow Nicki’s lead and dye the underside first.
8. Alicia Keys: Singer Alicia Keys has been making all of her appearances sans makeup and is embracing a more natural lifestyle. Her slicked-back bun makes for a casual glam award show style. Between Jayden’s braids and Alicia’s updo, this picture is natural hair goals.
9. Miley Cyrus: Miley’s hair is finally starting to grow back from her bold cut in 2013, and we’re waiting eagerly to see what styles she’ll dare to try out next. Her pink and blonde The Voice ensemble seems to be giving us a sneak peek of a look that is a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll.
10. Beyoncé: We all know Beyoncé pretty much won the entire VMAs with her absolutely amazing performance. Her braided half-up ‘do and feathered dress were only fit for the queen that she is.
Want more fashion inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.