The 10 Best Celebrity Hairstyles on Instagram This Week
From Drake lovin’ on Rihanna (OMG!) to Kanye being Kanye to Beyoncé’s epic performance, 2016’s VMAs didn’t disappoint. The VMAs hit us with some stellar water cooler topics, but the awards show truly came through on some next-level hair. No need to call Becky with the good hair. On and off the red carpet, we’ve got you covered with the hottest celeb hairstyles on Instagram this week.
1. Rita Ora: Rita Ora’s Tonight Show appearance look reminds us a lot of a mix between an Old Hollywood style and beachy waves — either way, we dig it. While everyone seems to be donning a middle part, Rita is switching it up with a deep side. To get the look, pin back one side of your hair for instant glam.
2. Dinah Jane: Fifth Harmony member Dinah slayed on the VMA red carpet while debuting a new look. She took us all by surprise when she showed up sporting thick, blunt bangs and a blonder color. If blunt cuts are back in style, we won’t fight it.
3. Camila Cabello: The Fifth Harmony singer wore one of our favorite red carpet looks of the moment: the long ponytail. Instead of opting for the slicked-back look, she set hers apart by leaving her middle-parted bangs out and on display.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Holland Roden (@hollandroden) on
4. Holland Roden: It’s all in the details. Actress Holland Roden turned the glam up a notch on her all-white outfit by adding gold glitter to the roots of her slicked-down middle part. Now that’s thinking outside the box.
5. Kim Kardashian: Kim K’s “wet beachy glam” look was everything. We love that she went for something less polished than usual and still managed to look like she was attending an awards show. This is a look we need to try.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Simone Biles (@simonebiles) on
6. Simone Biles: The Final Five member has stolen our hearts with her major gymnastic skills, bubbly personality and Zac Efron crush (#Zimone). Her relaxed, wavy ‘do is a perfect everyday look that can easily be transformed for a more dressy occasion.
7. Nicki Minaj: Every time Nicki and Ariana collaborate, magic happens. Don’t lie — we know you loved “Bang Bang.” While promoting their new song “Side to Side,” Ms. Minaj took to Instagram to post a snap with some pink tips. For those who want to try a bold color but are too afraid, follow Nicki’s lead and dye the underside first.
8. Alicia Keys: Singer Alicia Keys has been making all of her appearances sans makeup and is embracing a more natural lifestyle. Her slicked-back bun makes for a casual glam award show style. Between Jayden’s braids and Alicia’s updo, this picture is natural hair goals.
9. Miley Cyrus: Miley’s hair is finally starting to grow back from her bold cut in 2013, and we’re waiting eagerly to see what styles she’ll dare to try out next. Her pink and blonde The Voice ensemble seems to be giving us a sneak peek of a look that is a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll.
10. Beyoncé: We all know Beyoncé pretty much won the entire VMAs with her absolutely amazing performance. Her braided half-up ‘do and feathered dress were only fit for the queen that she is.
Want more fashion inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!