Here’s a bombshell: Binge watching Master Chef won’t make you a good cook. (Crazy, we know.) It takes a ton of time, effort and money to put amazing-looking meals on the table every night, and often, in the case of celebrities, they have someone do it for them.
However, we already know that Chrissy Teigen and Gwyneth Paltrow are kitchen inspirations who do a lot of the work themselves, but did you know that Kim Kardashian is also a comfort food genius? Check out Kim and six other celebs you didn’t know were good in the kitchen.
1. Kim Kardashian: I want to go to there. Kim regularly hosts her family for something she calls “Soul Food Sundays,” during which she regularly cooks up huge, fried, delicious-looking feasts. Kim no doubt took some pointers from her good friend Chrissy Teigen, and apparently, she might even release her own cookbook thanks to Kanye’s encouragement.
2. Blake Lively: Oh NBD, just a picture-perfect berry shortcake Blake whipped up from scratch. If you’ve ever seen her mouth-watering puff pastry tutorial, it’s no surprise she was able to create this masterpiece with her own special touch using The Country Cat’s biscuit recipe.
3. Freddie Prinze Jr.: While Sarah Michelle Gellar is busy recreating our childhood by starring in the Cruel Intentions TV remake, her hubby Freddie is busy promoting his new cookbook Back to the Kitchen. Freddie grew up cooking alongside his mother in New Mexico, and his book shows how to use those regional flavors to cook everyday staples as well as more elaborate meals for special occasions.
4. Julianne Hough: Everyone probably wants to know what Julianne eats to help maintain her amazing fit physique. Turns out? Delicious homemade pizza. Well, pizza made in her very own backyard pizza oven, natch.
5. Jessica Alba: When she’s not being a super successful entrepreneur in the realm of health products for baby and home, she’s getting into the beauty game. And when she’s not doing that, she’s staying dedicated to a fit lifestyle. And when she’s not doing THAT, Jessica somehow finds time to whip up hearty and nutritious meals for her family. Um, can you give us some tips, Jessica?!
6. Lea Michele: When Lea released her book Brunette Ambition, she dedicated a whole chapter to her love of food. And while she tries to treat her body to healthy and nourishing meals day to day, often making (and Instagramming!) healthy choices at restaurants, sometimes, a girl’s just gotta go for a giant Italian feast — Lea’s homemade speciality.
7. Justin Timberlake: Alright, it’s pretty clear that Jessica Biel’s actually the foodie in this family, but Justin also has some skills on the baking side. “It works out,” he told Jay Leno. “She likes to cook. I like to bake. So dinner and dessert.” Gotta have balance.
How sharp are your kitchen skills? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)