The Most Stunning Looks From the 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards
We love you Hollywood, but sometimes that red carpet attire can get a little monotonous. Clean cut, A-line dresses sure do suit a lot of body types but after we’ve watched 20 different versions of the same dress go by, award show fashion can sometimes turn into a bit of a snoozefest. Leave it to the folks of the fashion world to totally revitalize our love of formal attire. First came the Met Gala, with wild headdress and barely there gowns and tonight is the annual CFDA Fashion Awards (basically the Oscars for the fashion industry). Scroll on down to see what some of the biggest sartorial icons sported for this night of high fashion fun.
1. Kelly Osbourne: The purple haired fashion critic kept things simple in this black + silver separates combo. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
2. Nina Dobrev: Taking Kelly’s glittery separates combo a step further, Vampire Diaries‘ Nina Dobrev walked the red carpet in a fully feathered, Lela Rose ensemble. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
3. Harley Viera-Newton: It girl, Harley Viera-Newton kept things super wearable in this date-night approved, Cynthia Rowley number. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
4. Karlie Kloss: Unlike her super complicated Cannes outfit, Karlie kept her CDFA look nice and simple in this sweet polka dot dress with an ultra low-cut neckline. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
5. Katherine McPhee: The actress and singer went for a super studious vibe in glasses and a sleek, lab-like coat but added a touch of playfulness with bright pink lips. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
6. Jemima Kirke: Now this is a separates ensemble FTW! Allison Williams (Jemima’s co-star on Girls) has been rocking this shade of red at just about every award show this year, but it looks like she might have some friendly competition. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
7. Diane Von Furstenberg: As president of the CFDA, Furstenberg stayed true to her trademark style in an elegant, printed number. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
8. Katie Holmes: It looks like that blunt haircut Katie rocked at the Met Gala was nothing but a wig! The actress walked the red carpet sporting long locks and a slim cut, Ralph Lauren dress that looks like it came straight out of the ’90s. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
9. Coco Rocha: The new mom and model looked stunning as ever in a custom made gown by Banana Republic’s Marissa Webb. Paired with that vampy lip shade, Rocha is looking like the most fashionable Ice Queen that’s ever been. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
10. Juliette Lewis: The legendary actress hopped on board the separates trend in this all-white, feathered get-up designed by her date, Christian Siriano. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
11. Betsey Johnson: Leave it to Betsey to make a grand entrance. It’s no surprise that the designer seems pumped, she’s slated to be handed a lifetime achievement at this year’s event. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
12. Gigi Hadid: Welp, it’s going to be hard to beat this stunner of an outfit. Model Gigi Hadid looked smoking hot in this sequined Michael Kors jumpsuit. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
13. Emmy Rossum: Emmy Rossum embraced her dark side in a sleek black gown and smokey makeup. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
14. January Jones: The Mad Men star took us straight back to the ’80s in this burgundy and black jumpsuit. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
15. Vanessa Hudgens: Hudgens channeled her inner Audrey Hepburn in this elegant tea-length gown. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
16. Janelle Monae: Musician and fashion icon Janelle Monae walked the red carpet in an ornamented cape dress. We can’t decide what we love more… the outfit or that epic updo. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
17. Amanda Seyfried: As far as embellishments go, Seyfried’s Rodarte dress kind of has it all: Fringe, beading, sequins, you name it. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
18. Kim Kardashian: She might be three months pregnant, but you’d never know it by the looks of her figure in this Proenza Schouler see-through dress. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
19. Victoria Beckham: Victoria Beckham stayed true to her line’s aesthetic in a figure-hugging dress with a mermaid silhouette. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
20. Diane Kruger: Kruger rarely disappoints on the red carpet and tonight was no exception. The actress looked stunning in a black and red dress with a simple silhouette that was amped up with a whole lot of sequins.
What was your favorite look from the red carpet? Share with us in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.