The Most Stunning Looks From the 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards
We love you Hollywood, but sometimes that red carpet attire can get a little monotonous. Clean cut, A-line dresses sure do suit a lot of body types but after we’ve watched 20 different versions of the same dress go by, award show fashion can sometimes turn into a bit of a snoozefest. Leave it to the folks of the fashion world to totally revitalize our love of formal attire. First came the Met Gala, with wild headdress and barely there gowns and tonight is the annual CFDA Fashion Awards (basically the Oscars for the fashion industry). Scroll on down to see what some of the biggest sartorial icons sported for this night of high fashion fun.
1. Kelly Osbourne: The purple haired fashion critic kept things simple in this black + silver separates combo. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
2. Nina Dobrev: Taking Kelly’s glittery separates combo a step further, Vampire Diaries‘ Nina Dobrev walked the red carpet in a fully feathered, Lela Rose ensemble. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
3. Harley Viera-Newton: It girl, Harley Viera-Newton kept things super wearable in this date-night approved, Cynthia Rowley number. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
4. Karlie Kloss: Unlike her super complicated Cannes outfit, Karlie kept her CDFA look nice and simple in this sweet polka dot dress with an ultra low-cut neckline. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
5. Katherine McPhee: The actress and singer went for a super studious vibe in glasses and a sleek, lab-like coat but added a touch of playfulness with bright pink lips. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
6. Jemima Kirke: Now this is a separates ensemble FTW! Allison Williams (Jemima’s co-star on Girls) has been rocking this shade of red at just about every award show this year, but it looks like she might have some friendly competition. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
7. Diane Von Furstenberg: As president of the CFDA, Furstenberg stayed true to her trademark style in an elegant, printed number. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
8. Katie Holmes: It looks like that blunt haircut Katie rocked at the Met Gala was nothing but a wig! The actress walked the red carpet sporting long locks and a slim cut, Ralph Lauren dress that looks like it came straight out of the ’90s. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
9. Coco Rocha: The new mom and model looked stunning as ever in a custom made gown by Banana Republic’s Marissa Webb. Paired with that vampy lip shade, Rocha is looking like the most fashionable Ice Queen that’s ever been. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
10. Juliette Lewis: The legendary actress hopped on board the separates trend in this all-white, feathered get-up designed by her date, Christian Siriano. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
11. Betsey Johnson: Leave it to Betsey to make a grand entrance. It’s no surprise that the designer seems pumped, she’s slated to be handed a lifetime achievement at this year’s event. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
12. Gigi Hadid: Welp, it’s going to be hard to beat this stunner of an outfit. Model Gigi Hadid looked smoking hot in this sequined Michael Kors jumpsuit. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
13. Emmy Rossum: Emmy Rossum embraced her dark side in a sleek black gown and smokey makeup. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
14. January Jones: The Mad Men star took us straight back to the ’80s in this burgundy and black jumpsuit. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
15. Vanessa Hudgens: Hudgens channeled her inner Audrey Hepburn in this elegant tea-length gown. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
16. Janelle Monae: Musician and fashion icon Janelle Monae walked the red carpet in an ornamented cape dress. We can’t decide what we love more… the outfit or that epic updo. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
17. Amanda Seyfried: As far as embellishments go, Seyfried’s Rodarte dress kind of has it all: Fringe, beading, sequins, you name it. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
18. Kim Kardashian: She might be three months pregnant, but you’d never know it by the looks of her figure in this Proenza Schouler see-through dress. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
19. Victoria Beckham: Victoria Beckham stayed true to her line’s aesthetic in a figure-hugging dress with a mermaid silhouette. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
20. Diane Kruger: Kruger rarely disappoints on the red carpet and tonight was no exception. The actress looked stunning in a black and red dress with a simple silhouette that was amped up with a whole lot of sequins.
What was your favorite look from the red carpet? Share with us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.