The Most Stunning Looks From the 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards
We love you Hollywood, but sometimes that red carpet attire can get a little monotonous. Clean cut, A-line dresses sure do suit a lot of body types but after we’ve watched 20 different versions of the same dress go by, award show fashion can sometimes turn into a bit of a snoozefest. Leave it to the folks of the fashion world to totally revitalize our love of formal attire. First came the Met Gala, with wild headdress and barely there gowns and tonight is the annual CFDA Fashion Awards (basically the Oscars for the fashion industry). Scroll on down to see what some of the biggest sartorial icons sported for this night of high fashion fun.
1. Kelly Osbourne: The purple haired fashion critic kept things simple in this black + silver separates combo. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
2. Nina Dobrev: Taking Kelly’s glittery separates combo a step further, Vampire Diaries‘ Nina Dobrev walked the red carpet in a fully feathered, Lela Rose ensemble. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
3. Harley Viera-Newton: It girl, Harley Viera-Newton kept things super wearable in this date-night approved, Cynthia Rowley number. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
4. Karlie Kloss: Unlike her super complicated Cannes outfit, Karlie kept her CDFA look nice and simple in this sweet polka dot dress with an ultra low-cut neckline. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
5. Katherine McPhee: The actress and singer went for a super studious vibe in glasses and a sleek, lab-like coat but added a touch of playfulness with bright pink lips. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
6. Jemima Kirke: Now this is a separates ensemble FTW! Allison Williams (Jemima’s co-star on Girls) has been rocking this shade of red at just about every award show this year, but it looks like she might have some friendly competition. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
7. Diane Von Furstenberg: As president of the CFDA, Furstenberg stayed true to her trademark style in an elegant, printed number. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
8. Katie Holmes: It looks like that blunt haircut Katie rocked at the Met Gala was nothing but a wig! The actress walked the red carpet sporting long locks and a slim cut, Ralph Lauren dress that looks like it came straight out of the ’90s. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
9. Coco Rocha: The new mom and model looked stunning as ever in a custom made gown by Banana Republic’s Marissa Webb. Paired with that vampy lip shade, Rocha is looking like the most fashionable Ice Queen that’s ever been. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
10. Juliette Lewis: The legendary actress hopped on board the separates trend in this all-white, feathered get-up designed by her date, Christian Siriano. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
11. Betsey Johnson: Leave it to Betsey to make a grand entrance. It’s no surprise that the designer seems pumped, she’s slated to be handed a lifetime achievement at this year’s event. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
12. Gigi Hadid: Welp, it’s going to be hard to beat this stunner of an outfit. Model Gigi Hadid looked smoking hot in this sequined Michael Kors jumpsuit. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
13. Emmy Rossum: Emmy Rossum embraced her dark side in a sleek black gown and smokey makeup. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
14. January Jones: The Mad Men star took us straight back to the ’80s in this burgundy and black jumpsuit. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
15. Vanessa Hudgens: Hudgens channeled her inner Audrey Hepburn in this elegant tea-length gown. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
16. Janelle Monae: Musician and fashion icon Janelle Monae walked the red carpet in an ornamented cape dress. We can’t decide what we love more… the outfit or that epic updo. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
17. Amanda Seyfried: As far as embellishments go, Seyfried’s Rodarte dress kind of has it all: Fringe, beading, sequins, you name it. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
18. Kim Kardashian: She might be three months pregnant, but you’d never know it by the looks of her figure in this Proenza Schouler see-through dress. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
19. Victoria Beckham: Victoria Beckham stayed true to her line’s aesthetic in a figure-hugging dress with a mermaid silhouette. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
20. Diane Kruger: Kruger rarely disappoints on the red carpet and tonight was no exception. The actress looked stunning in a black and red dress with a simple silhouette that was amped up with a whole lot of sequins.
What was your favorite look from the red carpet? Share with us in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!