20 Chic Holiday Sweaters to Wear Starting… NOW!
You’ve picked out the perfect ornaments for the tree and know exactly what you’re putting on your mantle to deck out the fireplace for Christmas, but what will you be wearing to get in the holiday spirit? Don’t get us wrong, we love a classic tacky holiday sweater, but if you’re looking to countdown the holidays a little more subtly, we found 20 pastel, sequin and embellished knits to wear with skirts and slacks (and jeans, of course). Better yet? You don’t have to wait until December to slip ’em on. Start wearing these next-level knits now!
1. Only Snowflake Print Sweater ($66): The combination of embroidered snowflakes and a fluffy eyelash knit basically makes this sweater a wearable snow flurry. Styled here, this look is straight up ’90s-grunge — we’re totally digging how this knit is styled with baggy (read: comfy) overalls — but it would look right at home paired with a black skater skirt and sheer tights, too.
2. Kate Spade Saturday Gold Dot Perfect Crew Sweatshirt ($90): Must. Have. This. Right. Now. This sweater + that pleated skirt = a party-perfect metallic matchup made in #cozygirl heaven.
3. Reindeer Pattern Sweater ($40): We’re planning on sippin’ lots of homemade hot chocolate while we deck our halls, and we fully intend on rocking this graphic reindeer sweater while we do it.
4. Bow & Drape Spread Joy Sweatshirt ($48): From our holiday greeting cards to our jewelry, we love customization, which is why we’re so obsessed with Bow & Drape. Itching for something a little… tackier? Design your own with our Holiday Sweater Brit Kit ($30)!
5. New Look Snowflake Sparkle Sweater ($45): We can’t get enough geometry in our clothes and jewelry. With its icy blue chevron and white triangle accents, this wintry sweater looks great from every angle.
6. Silence + Noise Shaggy Mock-Neck Sweater ($69): Holiday hugs just got even better with this furry knit. Your relatives might linger a second too long, but it’s a season for giving, right? #youvebeenwarned
7. ASOS Fairisle Sweater with Peter Pan Collar ($66): We can’t wait to see Allison Williams as Peter Pan in NBC’s live musical special on December 4. Until then, we’ll channel her school girl style in this fairisle print sweater with a woven Peter Pan collar with a black A-line skirt.
8. LC Lauren Conrad Graphic Sweater in Joy ($30): Lauren has brought us a lot of joy via Instagram this year: the best DIY Halloween costume ever, her gorgeous wedding, that rose gold engagement ring and wedding band and a shockingly stunning series of post-wedding haircuts. And now we can celebrate the holidays in style with her Kohl’s holiday sweater line.
9. Ann Taylor Jewel Neck Sweater ($149): How gorg is the jewel encrusted neckline on this powdery blue sweater? No need for a statement necklace with this knit. Keep the look fresh by layering it over a crisp white button down.
10. 2nd Day Sweater with Sequin Panel ($360): It’s not a party unless you’re wearing sequins! Platinum silver, charcoal black, holly green, midnight blue and sugar plum fairy sequins add the right amount of sparkle to jazz up this cotton knit sweater.
11. Mango Embellished Voila Sweatshirt ($50): Throw on a pair of cigarette pants, pointed flats and a tousled ‘do with this sweater, et voilà! You’ve got a holiday look that is effortlessly chic, just like a French girl.
12. Feeling Debut-tiful Cardigan ($60): How amazing would this embellished emerald cropped cardi look over a tulle skirt? We just found our Christmas dinner outfit.
13. Olive & Oak Elbow Patch Sweater ($79): We’re totally okay with being snowed in for a few if it means cozying up with a bottle of wine and indulging in a Netflix binge in this cable knit sweater.
14. Ann Taylor Embellished Sweater ($98): It’s official: baby pink is our pastel of choice for winter. Take a cue from the tinsel on your tree and put on this sweater to get dolled up for drinks with your gal pals.
15. Scatter Embellished Necklace Sweater ($90): One of the best ways to get the party started is to break out the champagne. You’ll be doing a lot of celebrating in the next few months, so why not pop corks with a sweater showered in gold embellishments?
16. ASOS Sheer Panel Sweatshirt ($72): Upgrade your basic crewneck sweatshirt with this snowy white wonder. The gossamer panel on the shoulders extends down to frame each side of your waist, and we’re suckers for delicate details.
18. Mango Geometric Jacquard Sweater ($60): The black + white geometric print on this sweater is festive without trying too hard. Keep it simple by styling it with an pencil skirt, tights and booties to keep your toes warm.
19. DKNY Hi-Low Sequin Sweater ($100): A metallic that comes in a color other than silver or gold? We’re sold, especially when paired with faux leather leggings.
20. LC Lauren Conrad Graphic Sweater in Snow Gania ($30): Here’s another knit from LC’s Kohl’s line, featuring a single sparkly snowflake. From now on we’re tucking our graphic print sweaters into flirty skirts. (image via Lauren Conrad)
Which holiday sweater is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)