16 Cinnamon Roll Recipes That Will Be Your New Christmas Morning Tradition
Young or old, there’s nothing better than the feeling you get when waking up on Christmas morning. *But* before the gifting and quality family time begins, you have to start your day off right with a memorable (and downright delicious) Christmas breakfast. This year, make that Pillsbury Doughboy proud with a big batch of cinnamon rolls the whole family will love. Just pop ’em in the oven and before you know it everyone will be jumping out of bed for more than just perfectly selected gifts. The 16 recipes below will help you get your cinnamon roll on in no time. Happy feasting!
1. Smoked Sea Salt Buckwheat Breakfast Cinnamon Rolls: If you have a foodie family, they’re going to flip for these unique and healthy cinnamon rolls. (via Healthfully Ever After)
2. Chai Pear Cinnamon Rolls: Fresh pear and chai spices give these cinnamon rolls an extra festive flavor that even Santa might double back for. Vegans love this recipe because it’s so easy to swap in almond milk instead of dairy. (via The Baking Fairy)
4. White Chocolate Cranberry Sweet Rolls: Whoever said cranberry was only a Thanksgiving flavor hasn’t tried these rolls. Ditch the cinnamon, grab some white chocolate and whip these beauties up before unwrapping gifts. (via The Recipe Rebel)
5. Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls: If you’re searching for a recipe that looks like a proper Christmas breakfast, then look no further. With their bright crimson hue, these red velvet cinnamon rolls could almost be mistaken for decor. Almost. (via Chef De Home)
6. Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls: If you’re not planning ahead, most homemade cinnamon rolls are out of the question. Lucky for you, these are made with puff pastry, so they take less than an hour to come together. (via Chocolate Moosey)
7. Coconut Jam Cinnamon Rolls: If exotic is what you’re after, then these Asian-inspired cinnamon rolls made with homemade coconut jam are exactly the flavors you’re looking for. (via The Little Epicurean)
8. Mini Cinnamon Rolls With Orange Vanilla Glaze: Nothing is better than miniature food. These little treats are coated with a sweet orange-vanilla glaze that you are going to LOVE. (via Curly Girl Kitchen)
9. Cinnamon Sugar Twists: Christmas morning is the perfect opportunity to spend extra time crafting perfect little knots of cinnamon sugar goodness for the fam while they sleep in. (via Quirks and Twists)
14. Brown Butter Caramel Apple Pull-Apart Bread With Cream Cheese Icing: Things are allowed to get a little bit sticky on Christmas, and this decadent pull-apart bread is the best way to do it. (via Cooking for Keeps)
Hungry for more? Visit our Pinterest for more Christmas morning recipes!