I have a Christmas confession: Cheesy holiday movies are my jam. I will literally watch any of them. The cornier the better. How Sarah Got Her Wings? I’m down. Candace Cameron Bure’s Christmas classic Switched for Christmas? Obviously. So, naturally, when Netflix released their version of a Hallmark holiday flick, A Christmas Prince, I had to watch. Here are 25 thoughts I had while on my cinematic journey through Aldovia. Warning: Spoilers ahead.
1. Yo, Ron “the big-shot journalist,” you need to check yourself.
2. Quick question: Has anyone *actually* been able to slip into a door like this?
3. No, Amber. I’m sure it was just from IKEA.
4. These friends are giving her the most useless advice ever, saying things like, “You could get a tutor” and “Just be one with the math.” OH, okay. Thanks for that, GUYS.
5. “Where there’s a tiara, there’s dirt.” Please put this on my gravestone.
6. How close is Aldovia to Genovia? Please tell me Princess Mia drops by from time to time? I bet she and Princess Emily would live it up.
7. I’m really admiring Prince Richard’s commitment to tight pants.
8. So far, tutoring has included archery lessons and baking cookies. I would like to attend the school of royal children, please.
9. I’m loving this scene where Emily and Amber see Richard playing with the kids and they just wave. Ladies, do you two not want to tell him that hundreds of people are waiting for him to give a speech? Seems important.
10. Amber is actually the teacher you always wished for. Every five minutes, she’s like, “Let’s go get fresh air” and “Let’s go on an adventure.”
11. Can we PLEASE talk about Amber’s “reporter notes”? I have no words.
12. Also, what word processor are you using, girl? May I recommend switching over to Google Docs?
13. I’m honestly surprised it took so long for a snowball-fight scene.
14. FYI: From now on, I will be referring to all future sledding rides as “tobogganing expeditions.”
15. Wait, did I miss something? Did this just turn into Beauty and the Beast?
16. That woodsy cabin looks pretty dope, not going to lie. Is it on Airbnb?
17. Okay, but for real, all these clothes are so tight. Mr. Prince, are they providing new clothes for you at the castle? Blink twice for yes.
18. I am living for the fact that Emily just orchestrated a makeover for Amber.
19. This seems like a pretty chill coronation, honestly. Is the English royal fam watching like, “Haha, okay, Aldovia.”
20. Oh, wow, is the secret in the acorn ornament? Wow, I hope so. That would be the perfect way for this to end.
21. Annnnd it is. Thank you, Netflix.
22. OMG. I would like to bring Princess Emily with me everywhere I go, please and thank you.
23. Amber: “I’m going to start with a blog about King Richard.” LOL, okay, girl. That’s definitely a great way you should show him you’re interested…
24. I’m really not sure about this ring, y’all. Richard, did you check her Pinterest board before this purchase? But whatever. Yay for royal love.
25. Netflix, bravo. Truly a job well done. 100 percent would watch again.
Have you watched A Christmas Prince? What was your favorite part? Share with us on Twitter @BritandCo.
(photos via Netflix)