These Churro Donuts Need Just 5 Ingredients
Arguably nothing tops fried churros coated in cinnamon-sugar (well, maybe a donut), which is why we’ve combined the two to form a churro donut, stuffed with a dulce de leche cream filling. This gourmet churro hybrid comes to you after churro waffles and churro chips. We’ve made things easier on you by calling for a store-bought can of biscuits. You can always go a similar route by purchasing ready-made dulce de leche and whipped cream too. Just donut (we had to) forget to try this recipe.
Dulce de Leche Creme-Filled Churro Donuts(Makes 8 divine donuts)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 1 cup whipped cream
- peanut oil, for frying
- 1 package Grands Biscuits, opened and biscuits pulled apart
- Mix sugar and cinnamon with a fork on a plate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix dulce de leche with whipped cream. Spoon dulce de leche whipped cream into piping bag fitted with an injection tip or squeeze bottle. Set in fridge until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 350°F. Alternatively, fill a large sauté pan with up to an inch of oil over medium heat until it reaches 350°F. Fry 2-3 donuts at a time to a golden brown, flipping constantly, for about 3-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Coat warm doughnuts with cinnamon-sugar evenly. Set aside to fill.
- Equidistant from top and bottom, pierce side of each donut and fill with cream. Best enjoyed while still warm or room temperature.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)