These Churro Donuts Need Just 5 Ingredients
Arguably nothing tops fried churros coated in cinnamon-sugar (well, maybe a donut), which is why we’ve combined the two to form a churro donut, stuffed with a dulce de leche cream filling. This gourmet churro hybrid comes to you after churro waffles and churro chips. We’ve made things easier on you by calling for a store-bought can of biscuits. You can always go a similar route by purchasing ready-made dulce de leche and whipped cream too. Just donut (we had to) forget to try this recipe.
Dulce de Leche Creme-Filled Churro Donuts(Makes 8 divine donuts)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 1 cup whipped cream
- peanut oil, for frying
- 1 package Grands Biscuits, opened and biscuits pulled apart
- Mix sugar and cinnamon with a fork on a plate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix dulce de leche with whipped cream. Spoon dulce de leche whipped cream into piping bag fitted with an injection tip or squeeze bottle. Set in fridge until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 350°F. Alternatively, fill a large sauté pan with up to an inch of oil over medium heat until it reaches 350°F. Fry 2-3 donuts at a time to a golden brown, flipping constantly, for about 3-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Coat warm doughnuts with cinnamon-sugar evenly. Set aside to fill.
- Equidistant from top and bottom, pierce side of each donut and fill with cream. Best enjoyed while still warm or room temperature.
Check out our Christmas dinner recipes for more inspiration!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.