15 Pairs of Transparent Shoes That Are Clearly Awesome
Remember when you were a kid and you watched a ton of futuristic movies (Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century)? Everyone was dressed in metallics paired with transparent PVC material. It’s become crystal clear to us (pun intended) that see-through panels are completely fashionable — especially when it comes to our shoes. This style tends to be slightly pricier than other footwear trends, but after seeing these 15 awesome pairs, you’ll see why they’re worth the investment. Welcome to the future, girl!
1. Jash Sandals ($113): Not only will your feet be super secure in these strappy shoes, but they’ll also be dressed in style. Lemon is such a delightfully happy shade of yellow.
4. Clear Wedge Sandals ($630): Just as those boots were made for walkin’, these wedges for made for struttin’ — in style, that is.
5. Clearly Now Flats ($40): When oxfords made their way into womenswear, we were ecstatic. After seeing this apricot pair with their marvelous clear accents, we’re on cloud nine.
7. Playback Pointed Heels ($58): This is a pretty subtle clear accent, but it adds that extra bit of flair to these bright yellow pumps. How hot would these look with an all black outfit?
8. Rupert Sanderson Pointed Toe Flats ($351): There’s a definite Kermit the Frog meets Peter Pan vibe coming from these flats, and we’re loving it. These are the quirky shoes you’ve always wanted (whether you knew it or not).
11. Yasmin Heels ($134): These heels have such a great edgy look to them. It’s rocker-chic fashion at its finest, y’all.
14. Clear Panel Flats ($23): Um, wait. Metallic and clear? These are definitely the oxfords of the future, ladies and gentlemen.
15. PVC + Patent Leather Sandals ($498): Yes, these sort of look like Fruit Roll-Ups, but who said fashion couldn’t be inspired by food? These fiery hues are absolutely beautiful.
Are you a fan of this new transparent trend? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)