18 Creative Eggs Benedict Recipes to Up Your Brunch Game
Sunday mornings are for rolling out of bed after a nice sleep-in, ready to take on the day and make one of your famous homemade brunches. There are plenty of pancake recipes you could choose from, but eggs Benedict is your trusty go-to. After years of the same dish, you (and your guests) may be ready to spice things up a bit. Since you already put an egg on top of everything, incorporating some new and exciting Bennies into your brunch routine is the way to go. Grab a steamy latte and cozy up to your laptop, because the following 18 creative Benedicts will change your brunch game forever.
1. Huevos Rancheros Benedict With Cholula Hollandaise: Who needs an English muffin when you have a bed of pulled pork to rest your eggs on? This Mexican-inspired Benedict is great for those who like to go low carb and high spice. (via Whole Fork)
2. Cotija Guacamole and Chorizo Eggs Benedict With Honey Chipotle Lime Sauce: If guacamole and chorizo don’t win you over, a creamy, sweet and spicy honey chipotle sauce has to. Serve these on a toasted whole-wheat or pumpernickel bagel to round out the meal. (via Half Baked Harvest)
3. Crab Eggs Benedict: Imagine waking up on vacation at a seaside resort and ordering room service… this is what you would get. Buttery lump crab makes this Bennie so delectable, it should be reserved for the most special of occasions. (via What Should I Make For…)
4. Eggs Benedict Burger: If you want to see some legit #EggPorn, take a big bite out of this eggs Benedict burger. Just prepare yourself for all the oozing yolk dripping down your chin. (via Just Putzing Around the Kitchen)
5. Eggs Benedict Cumberbatch: Sometimes, simplicity is the key to reviving your stale brunch routine. Slices of pre-cooked polenta are toasted in butter, then topped with crispy Canadian bacon and an over-easy egg. Top with arugula and shaved Parmesan and you have a minimal meal worth raving about. (via My Name Is Yeh)
6. Cajun Eggs Benedict: When you mix New Orleans jambalaya with eggs Benedict, you get this down-home Cajun masterpiece. The only thing missing is a plate of hot beignets for dessert. (via Goodie Godmother)
7. Eggs Benedict Bake: When serving brunch for a crowd, Benedicts may not seem like your best bet, but that’s all about to change. This casserole will serve six people with ease, and it means you don’t have to poach 12 eggs. (via Port and Fin)
8. Greek Eggs Benedict: Eggs Benedict is known for being rich. By layering sautéed spinach and artichoke hearts on traditional Greek bread, the dish is lightened up a bit without sacrificing the classic hollandaise. (via Figs and Feta)
9. Grilled Pineapple Caprese Eggs Benedict With Coconut Almond Hollandaise: This Benedict just *screams* summer. Between that grilled pineapple, fresh basil and tropical hollandaise, we’re going to need all the warm weather… stat. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Korean Eggs Benedict: Spam is definitely a love-it-or-hate-it kind of ingredient. Here, it’s paired with tangy kimchi for a fun Korean take on traditional eggs Benedict. If you haven’t tried Spam before, this would be the perfect opportunity. (via KimchiChick)
11. Reuben Eggs Benedict: At first glance, this may seem more Reuben than Benedict, given the rye bread, thinly sliced corned beef and sauerkraut. But on top of that is an expertly poached egg and a drool-worthy Thousand Island hollandaise sauce that make this dish a brunchtime must. (via Macheesmo)
12. Eggs Benedict on Roasted Brown Mushrooms: Roasted portobello mushrooms are the perfect size to serve as a base for your Benedict if you want to skip the English muffin. Layer with prosciutto and spinach for an earthy brunch offering that’s fancy AF. (via Drizzle and Dip)
13. Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict With Dill Waffles: It can be hard to choose between waffles, lox and eggs Benedict, so why have just one? This mashup of the three will satisfy all of your cravings and then some. (via Striped Spatula)
14. Tex-Mex Eggs Benedict: Perhaps you’re making breakfast in bed for a special someone and you want a dish that really speaks to their stomach. This Benedict with biscuits, steak and avocado is just the dish for that. Oh, and btw… that’s not hollandaise on top. It’s queso. (via Dash of Texas)
15. Steaks Benedict: Steak and eggs get a hollandaise-topped makeover with these steaks Benedict. This dish is an absolute treat for the true carnivore who lives for their meat at every meal. (via Kelly’s Ambitious Kitchen)
16. Tostones Eggs Benedict With Mango Salsa and Avocado Hollandaise: This Latin-inspired breakfast is piled high with different flavors and textures. Beneath the sliced ham and egg hides a layer of crispy fried plantains. Sweet mango salsa is generously scattered on top, and it’s finished with a creamy avocado hollandaise. (via Get Inspired Everyday)
17. Tempeh Benedict With Vegan Hollandaise Sauce: Everyone knows that the hollandaise is the main event of a Benedict. This vegan version is made with silken tofu, almond milk and vegan butter to give it the same mouthfeel of hollandaise. Pour it over smoky tempeh and blanched asparagus and dig in! (via Connoisseurus Veg)
18. Sweet and Savory Waffles Benedict Stacks: There’s something so nice about making an entire meal from scratch, down to the blackberry jam smeared between layers of homemade waffles. These stacks would be lovely at a brunch-themed shower or even an afternoon backyard party. (via The Movement Menu)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)