10 Must-Follow Instagram Stories from Our Favorite Creatives
We love Snapchat and maybe feel a little guilty about how quickly and fully we embraced Instagram’s new Story feature last month (it’s just so convenient!). We like to think there’s plenty of content to go around, however, especially since so many of our favorite creatives have already taken to Stories, sharing their beauty routines, nighttime looks, family vacations and on-the-job sneak peeks. We’ve rounded up 10 of the most prolific, charming and inspiring of the bunch to help get your own creative juices flowing.
1. Lust for Life: Olivia Lopez is an LA-based travel blogger and stylist who shares snippets from her travel adventures, behind the scenes peeks at her styling gigs, snapshots from her photography sessions and lots of after-hours fun with her effortlessly cool cadre of friends. Lust for Olivia’s Life is more like it.
2. Chloe Roth: The San Francisco-based copywriter and art director shares videos and crisp stills from her shoots on her Instagram Story. She’ll also give you a peek into her globe-trotting ways. She spends a lot of her time in Hawaii, so expect a lot of bright colors, ocean snaps and tropical fruits.
3. Jenny M Walton: This pint-sized fashion plate is the fashion director at The Sartorialist and just so happens to also be the girlfriend of *the* Sartorialist himself, Scott Schuman. She flits around SoHo in backless, ruffled tanks, shows off her TDF vintage bag collection and shares glimpses of her illustrations-in-progress. That’s right — she’s an artist too.
4. Marleigh Alexandra: Marleigh is a graphic designer, art director and social media manager at the Need Supply HQ in Richmond, Virginia. Not to mention, she’s a freelance artist, creating chilled-out Matisse-inspired prints in her free time. Marleigh posts snaps of her fave RVA spots, daily pics from the Need Supply studio and lots of envy-inducing stills of her plant-filled apartment.
5. Stacy London Real: If you miss What Not to Wear and Stacy’s fun, magnetic energy as much as we do, be sure to peep Stacy London’s Insta Stories on the reg. She posts #flawless makeup-free selfies, photoshoot snaps and, of course, lots of fashion.
6. Lisa Dengler: Okay, so we’re not exactly sure what a “visual storyteller” is, but whatever it is, Lisa does it well. Her Instagram Stories detail both her daily life in LA (taking the kitties to the vet) and her glam, jet-setting life (photoshoots on rooftops surrounded by beautiful people). She’s constantly sharing snaps or vids of a new project in a new location, which makes us keep coming back for more.
7. Atlantis Home: We all know (and love) Sea of Shoes blogger Jane Aldridge. But did you know her mom, Judy, is also an extremely talented creative with a keen interior design eye (and even better thrifting karma)? Follow her Instagram Story to see how she changes up her Dallas-based home’s vibe by simply swapping out plants, pillows and artwork.
8. Sweet Baby Jamie: Jamie Mizrahi runs with Kate Hudson, Nicole Richie, Jessica Alba and the Foster sisters, so her Story reads like a who’s who of cool LA darlings. The thing is, this LA stylist is also laugh-out-loud funny, and the back-and-forth she has with her husband could carry a sitcom.
9. Surf Witch: If you’re looking to get lost in the dreamy Cali life, Rachel’s Instagram Story is definitely for you. Go surfing, hit up the farmers’ market and ogle her gorgeous textile collection on the daily. This textile artist/graphic designer/surfer girl posts often, so get ready to be obsessed.
10. Pretty Little Fawn: This actress, blogger and bath taker basically lives inside an Urban Outfitters catalog — her home is all scratchy records, clawfoot tubs and vintage coffee mugs. We love getting her off-the-cuff thoughts after an audition, but really live for the close-ups of her shaggy-haired dog, Mops.
Do you have a favorite creative who’s killing the Instagram story game we missed? Tweet us @BritandCo and share their handle!