8 Curly Hair Products You Need in Your Beauty Routine
Put your flat iron in the cabinet and stash your blow dryer in the drawer, because it’s never been a better time for kinks and coils. With hundreds of ways to flaunt your coils (lookin’ at you curly-haired updos), you really have no excuse not to embrace what your mama gave ya. But if you need hair advice to help perfect your bountiful ringlets, well, lucky for you, you came to the right place. We rounded up eight of the best products that every girl with tendrils needs, whether you have bone-dry hair or an OTT frizzy mane. Check out all eight products below.
1. DevaCurl SuperCream™ Coconut Curl Styler ($28): No matter what kind of locks you have, this cream from DevaCurl is going to give them the lovin’ they deserve. Made without sulfates and parabens, the heavenly product can boost volume, give definition and moisturize the heck out of your strands. Plus, it smells like coconuts, which isn’t a bad thing either… just sayin’.
2. Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse ($4): We know why this drugstore brand is a favorite in the beauty world — because nothing beats a whipped cream mousse when you want to nourish your strands. With its lightweight formula, you won’t have to worry about losing volume or texture while you banish flyaways and frizz.
3. Bumble and bumble Bb. Curl (Style) Defining Creme ($31) Dry curls, be gone! This defining creme is going to solve all your curly-haired woes. While the magic-in-a-bottle smells like a citrus paradise, its formula will protect your hair from dehydrating UV rays.
4. SheaMoisture® Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie ($9): Smoothie for your hair? You heard right! This curl-enhancing concoction is a must-have for ladies with natural locks. Bonus: The coconut hydrates and protects against breakage. Not bad for something that costs under $10.
5. BriogeoCurl Charisma™ Rice Amino + Quinoa Frizz Control Gel ($20): Curls are meant to bounce, right? So why buy products that are going to weigh you down. Say goodbye to sad-hair days by using this control gel. Quinoa extract and keratin amino acids protect strands and their elasticity for bountiful curls.
6. John Frieda Dream Curls Daily Styling Spray ($6): When your hair has an attitude of its own, this alcohol-free styling spray will keep your locks under control. Made with magnesium-enriched formula, your tresses will feel silky smooth for daaayyss.
7. Aveda be curly™ co-wash ($24): Has your hair seen better days? Don’t fret — this co-wash will completely transform your curly hair to look luxurious. Its formula (which is made with babassu oil) is supposed to moisturize your hair for up to three days. Touchable, frizz-free curls? Yeah, we want that.
8. Denman 7 Row Classic Styling Brush ($13): While most curly-haired mavens wouldn’t dare touch their tendrils with a brush, this guy will protect your stands rather than destroying them. With smooth, ball-ended pins, you won’t have to worry about breakage ever again. Use this baby when you are fresh out of the shower for pain-free detangling that doesn’t bring on the frizz.
Looking for even more beauty inspo? Check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.