12 Ways to Decorate With August’s Birthstone: Peridot
As summer enters its last (gasp!) full month, we’re itching to finally get going on those big home projects before winter arrives. And sometimes — alright, almost always — the easiest answer to a home revamp is mixing in a bit of color. In honor of August’s birthstone, Peridot — a rich + warm olive green — we are bringing some green decor ideas to your screen. From velvety goodness to gorgeous color combos, these earthy ideas will add some chic greenery to your home.
2. Wallpaper: Blue + peridot also make for a killer color combo. You could stick with the furniture and a few accent pillows, or go all out and pair that with some floral-inspired wallpaper to match. (via Decor Advisor)
3. Bedside Table: Keep it more subtle with a green bedside table (and accompanying gold, of course). Paired with mauve and pink hues, this bedroom has us ready to curl up with a good book. (via Emily Henderson)
4. Green Glass: Probably the easiest update ever, green glass can add that je ne sais quoi you’ve been looking for. Hunt down some old apothecary jars or just search your local thrift store to get the look. (via wikiHow)
5. Tufted Velvet Couch ($749): Peridot. Velvet. Couch. With a bold piece like this, your living room will go from “meh” to “whoa” in no time.
9. Peridot + Pink: Sensing a pink + green pattern here? This one is the icing on the color-combo cake. The peridot walls and pink ceiling in this living space are giving us all the feels. (via RealSimple)
Do you have any peridot hues in your home? Looking to add any of these into your space? Let us know in the comments below.