17 DIY Projects to Organize Your Workspace
Having a space where you can spread out all your Sharpies and get to work planning your next crafty endeavor is a key element in being productive. Not much is going to get done when you’re always spread out on the kitchen table and have to keep cleaning up for things like, you know, dinner. Once you’ve carved out a space that’s all your own, you’ll need to organize it. You can’t use something if you can’t find it, so here are 17 DIY projects to keep your workspace neat and organized.
1. Tin Can Desk Organizers: Take tins cans from trash to treasure with a few coats of paint and your favorite washi tapes. When it comes to organizing your office supplies, it doesn’t get any easier than this. (via My Life of Travels and Adventure)
2. Cork Storage Boxes: Pin some of your more important notes on the outside and store other supplies inside of this cute cork house. This is one accessory that is working double duty! (via Sugar and Cloth)
3. Painted Mason Jars: Clean out your cabinets and put all those mismatched glasses to good use. These painted jars are the perfect way to bring personality to an otherwise bland work space. (via HGTV)
3. Mounted Clipboards: Inspiration comes and goes at a moments notice and now you can finally keep up. Mounted clipboards are a perfect way to keep your workspace clear of clutter and your favorite pieces on display. (via Brit + Co)
5. Colorblock Desk Magnet: Just like with bobby pins, it seems like you can never find a paper clip when you need one. This chic desk magnet makes sure your paperclips stay put and out of your junk drawer once and for all. (via House of Earnest)
8. Animal Memo Holders: Our trusty friend, spray paint, is at it again. Grab a couple of animal figurines, insert a dowel and alligator clip and a few coats of paint, and you’ll have memo holders that you’ll actually want to use. (via Sugar and Cloth)
9. Cross Stich Office Supplies: Wanting to give your desk a makeover doesn’t mean you have to spend a ton of money. Dress up the perfectly good stuff you already have with a little paint and embroidery thread. (via Camille Styles)
10. Gold Pencil Holder: Inspired by an almost identical Anthropologie pencil holder that’s retailing for $48, this gold beauty will have you looking for any excuse to reach for a pen. (via View From the Fridge)
14. Clip-On Desk Organizers: These clip-on organizers are great for keeping your workspace neat and tidy without sacrificing any of your precious desk real estate. When you’re tight on space, every inch counts! (via Brit + Co)
15. Wrapping Paper Drawer Liner: Use double stick tape to line drawers with your favorite wrapping paper. Not only is it way cheaper than contact paper, it’s always easier to remove when you find something you like better. (via Making Home Base)
16. Matchbook Supply Holders: It’s easy to lose small things like paperclips and thumbtacks when they don’t have a designated place. Make sure everything is always there when you need it with these matchbook supply holders. (via Dollar Store Crafts)
17. Desk Organizer: Cork AND polka dots? We didn’t think it could get much better but this DIY tin can desk organizer proves that just about anything can go from trash to treasure. (via Petit Elefant)
What’s your favorite way to keep your desk organized? Let us know is the comments!