40 DIY Leather Projects We Love
Leather isn’t just for biker gangs or pop stars anymore! Once you learn how to work with it, it’s a great way to add a bit of edge to your wardrobe or home and a great way to roughen up some of the more girly elements of your decor. If you’re not into the whole leather thing, but love the look, a lot of times it’s easy to swap out for faux leather, so you can definitely embrace your animal and fashion loving instincts.
We’ve rounded up 40 DIYs from around the web to add some a bit of the leather trend to your jewelry collection, your office or home decor, and your style.
17. Lunch Bags: Reusable lunch bags get an awesome upgrade! Matching the traditional shape of the brown paper bag, this leather version is anything but. We might even use it as a purse — it’s that cool! (via Heart of Neon)
26. Neon and Neutral Coasters: Tackle the neon trend in your home and keep things simple with these neon polka-dotted coasters. The neutral backdrop of the leather makes the neon really pop while still fitting in with the rest of your decor. (via Freshly Picked)
29. Suspended Shelf: This DIY is surprisingly simple and the results are so insanely gorgeous that we want to add one to every room of our houses… and maybe a couple at the office! (via Camille Styles)
36. Geometric Phone Case Pouch: We’re loving the pop of colored leather against the more neutral brown version. The fun geometric shape makes this the perfect case, no matter what smartphone you’re addicted to. (via Morning by Foley)
Do you DIY with leather? Are there any killer projects out there that we missed? Talk to us in the comments below.
- 30 DIY Sharpie Projects You Have to Try - Brit + Co ›
- 40 Projects That Will Make You Bust Out the Sewing Machine - Brit + ... ›
- Learn to Make Leather Goods for Under $20 | Brit + Co ›
- 32 Ways to Make Your Own Leather Jewelry - Brit + Co ›