13 Wall Art Nursery Ideas to DIY
Whether you’re going for a gender neutral kids’ rooms, a totally chic nursery or taking inspo from your favorite celeb’s baby room, decorating the nursery can be one of the most exciting times of your pregnancy. That said, decorating is probably the least of your worries at this point, and you’re just ready to get the bun *out* of the oven. The easiest and fastest way to spice up a simple nursery? DIY wall art, of course! It’s super cost-friendly, v. homey and totally adorable. Check out our faves below.
1. You Are My Sunshine Wall Art: Head to the fabric store to pick up a yard or two and create this quilted wall art. On a budget? Cut letters out of scrap pieces so you don’t have to spend tons of money on yards of fabric. It really doesn’t get any sweeter than this “You are my sunshine” quote. (via Lay Baby Lay)
2. Honeycomb Geometric Art: If you’re looking for something cost-friendly, then this is the DIY for you. Create hexagon geometric art out of plastic plates. Stick ’em on the wall with Command strip stickies and you’ll have a decorated nursery in no time. (via Impressions by Jani)
3. Hello Sunshine Rope Art: We know you’re a fan of hand-lettering. Create this scripted art using rope or yarn and tack it onto the wall. Pro tip: If phrases and quotes aren’t your thing, use your baby’s name instead. (via Heather Kincaid / 100 Layer Cakelet)
4. Tribal Rope Wall Art: Trust us, this tribal art is *way* easier than it looks. All you need to take your nursery to the next level is some scrap cardboard, paint and cotton rope. See? So easy. (via Brit + Co)
5. Paper Flower Collage: Opt for a boho chic vibe and whip up a few (okay, more than a few) paper flowers. Then, make a collage on your wall with all shapes and sizes. Your baby is about to have the most stylish room in the whole house. (via Glitter Guide)
6. Modern Nail Art: Pick up a pack of nails at the hardware store to create this wall art. Simply print out bold letters and trace them on the wall. Then, hammer nails into the shape of each letter and add yarn. It might take a little extra time, but the result is amazing. And if you don’t want to add all those little holes to your wall, put the names in a wood plank and mount that to the wall. (via Project Nursery)
8. Paper Mache Alphabet Art: Snag some paper cache letters and a heart from the craft store to hang on your newborn’s wall. Amp them up with white spray paint and gold glitter so that the “I <3 U” stands out. (via Fawn Over Baby)
9. Mini Animal Canvases: Spice up your traditional animal decor by adding a neon, modern feel. The best part about this DIY? It’s so easy. Paint a few canvases and glue on a couple of plastic animals. That’s all it takes. (via Mod Podge Rocks)
10. DIY Constellation Art: If you’re obsessed with zodiac signs and astrology, deck out your little one’s nursery with DIY constellation art. Paint their zodiac constellation and frame it for a modern feel. (via Style Me Pretty)
11. Hand-Painted Gilded Art: Gallery walls *aren’t* just for the adults. They’re a must for your nursery too. Kick it up a notch with hand-painted gilded art… because everything’s better in gold. (via DIY on the Cheap)
12. 3D Wall Art: These DIY cardboard animal heads are the perfect addition to a nursery. After you have the pieces laser cut, it’s a total breeze to put together. Whether you’re hanging the unicorn, deer or elephant, your baby’s room just got *way* cuter. (via Brit + Co)
13. Wood Block Animal Art: These B+W-meets-neon wood blocks are an adorable way to add some color to the baby’s room. Print your favorite animals in black and white and use Mod Podge to glue them onto neon wood blocks. (via Alice + Lois)
Are you decorating a nursery right now? Head over to our Pinterest for more inspo.